Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BamBam

Gf Margarine

What margarines are gluten free and dairy free? I saw a list here at some point, but have lost it.

BAMBAM

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Nucoa brand margarine. It is one of the only ones that is completely dairy free, as well as gluten-free.

I buy mine at our local Save Mart. Most grocery stores should carry it. It comes in tubs and boxes.

I'm sure you've checked the labels, and I haven't in a while. I know that there are some canola oil margarines, but I think they either had either soy bean oil or casein in them (or both!). I am allergic to soy, but can still have soy bean oil and lecithin, so I use Nucoa (it is 100% non-dairy). It does contain soy though. I remember that I was frustrated for a while trying to find a butter substitute that fit our dietary needs and tasted good! I wish I could be more help. I hope you find what you need.

God bless,

Mariann

I use Earth Balance....it is lactose and gluten free but it has soy protein and other soy things in it. I don't think I have seen any that are dairy and soy free..how would they make it?

I use Earth Balance too. We really like it.

The only way I can think of to make some sort of butter-type spread without soy would be from corn oil. I haven't heard of any right off hand though. Sorry. I'll post if I do.

Thanks...I can have dairy and soy so it doesn't really personally effect me..I didn't know how they would make it without any of that though. I really like Earth Balance that I have now and I'll probably stick with that. Thanks for the info I didn't know they could make it out of corn oil. :D have a great day