Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jayhawkmom

Back From Disney! Kudos!

My daughter and I spent the weekend at Disney World in Florida.

I had heard that Disney is extremely accommodating, but now I've experienced it firsthand. I was impressed!

Overall.... it was a great experience. Whenever and wherever we ate, we first spoke with either a chef or a manager, and not ONE of them were any less than 100% fully versed on food allergies, gluten intolerance, and Celiac. Seriously! The cast members who were at the registers, however, were a different story...entirely.

Thankfully, when the word "allergy" is mentioned, the cast members are trained to automatically call for a chef/manager. And several even just handed us the "ingredients" book to look at while we waited for a manager.

We had plenty of options at our hotel (Pop Century) and several choices and options inside the parks, though...we only ate inside the Magic Kingdom. We had Pizza at Pinnochio's, burgers at Cosmic Rays, pulled pork sandwiches at Peco's Bills. The list goes ON!

The most awesome thing...however, was that we were able to walk into the Main Street Bakery and get brownies and cookies!! Granted, they were prepackaged - not fresh from the oven - but it was such a HUGE treat for both of us! The brownies were SOOOO yummy. I wasn't a fan of the cookies, but my daughter sure was!!!

All in all - it was a great trip.

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh I'm jealous!! I love disney. I haven't been since going gluten-free, but I went with my cousins who have multiple anaphylactic allergies including nuts (peanuts and tree nuts), eggs, milk, and soy. The chefs are sooo well-versed in everything! They even made a special dessert for my egg-allergic cousin- it was like smores but with dairy-free dark chocolate. I can't wait to go back!

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter