Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gluten=bad

Well, It's Official

My doctor's office called me today and told me that I officially have Celiac disease. I'm not surprised in the least and hopefully going gluten free will alleviate the itchiness I have been having. I've got lots of research to do not to mention buying gluten free foods. I know I should stop eating gluten free now, but hubby says to wait until the weekend so that I can have the foods I like for a bit longer. Oh well I'm glad I found this board and look forward to reading new posts.

Stepmomof 2

Married for 5 years

Dx with PCOS February '07

Dx with Celicac disease February '08

Gluten-free since 02-24-08

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My doctor's office called me today and told me that I officially have Celiac disease. I'm not surprised in the least and hopefully going gluten free will alleviate the itchiness I have been having. I've got lots of research to do not to mention buying gluten free foods. I know I should stop eating gluten free now, but hubby says to wait until the weekend so that I can have the foods I like for a bit longer. Oh well I'm glad I found this board and look forward to reading new posts.

Welcome to the board! I am sure you will begin finding yourself feeling better than ever soon.

However, I would not wait to the weekend. I would stop eating gluten right now and never look back. Once you see how much better you feel, probably in ways you never anticipated were even related to gluten, you won't even think about "cheating".

Best of luck.

Gina

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Join eNewsletter

I have to say I agree with your husband. Enjoy eating the foods you love for the weekend b/c you will need to be gluten free for the rest of your life. If you can deal with the consequences, go for it!

Robin from Indiana

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter