Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sickchick

Salmon With Dill Dumplings

Salmon with Dill Dumplings

Gluten, Soy & Dairy Free

12 oz. Salmon Filet cut in 2" squares

1/2 cup Peas

1/2 cup Pearl Onions

1/2 cup Carrots

1 cup Chardonnay

4 cups Organic Veggy Broth

2 ts Kosher Salt

1 cup all purpose Gluten Free flour

2 tb water

3 Eggs

Dill

2 tb Water

salt & pepper

In a large saucepan pour veggy broth, bring to boil. Add carrots, pearl onions, peas

and chardonnay. Cook 5 minutes, add salmon filet pieces and cook for 5-10 minutes

until the salmon is opaque and firm.

In a large mixing bowl add eggs, Gluten Free flour mixture, salt, pepper and dill.

Mix until dough is well combined.

Add tablespoonfuls of dough to pot with Salmon & Veggies and bring to boil.

Cook dumplings on med low heat for 10 minutes.

Serves 4.

Enjoy!! B)

sickchick

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks, I'm always looking for these recipes! The GFCFSY caught my eye right away.

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels

Join eNewsletter

Collette,

O.k., you lost me...what are pearl onions? :huh:

I've never tried to make dumplings before...actually, I'm a little intimidated by this recipe. It sounds delicious, but I don't think my cooking skills are quite at the "dumpling" level yet.

Thanks for posting though, I'm sure others will enjoy- hey, don't forget to tell me what a pearl onion is, o.k.? Is it like a scallion? Oh well, I won't try to guess; I'll just embarass myself. :rolleyes:

happy baking! -Julie

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

Join eNewsletter

Julie B)

Pearl onions are little baby white onions (I find mine in the frozen veggy section) they come in a bag :)

lovelove

sickchick

Collette

NO Carageenan.

Join eNewsletter

Collette, you HAVE to write a cookbook! Or open a restaurant!!! Do you have any idea how amazing your recipes sound? I haven't even had a chance to MAKE any of them yet, and already I have new favorite foods :lol: These are gourmet!

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

ok ok I love you!! lol ;)

seriously thinking about putting a celiac cookbook since you all have really given me encouragement

be purely joyous

sickchick

Collette

NO Carageenan.

Join eNewsletter

Collette, you HAVE to write a cookbook! Or open a restaurant!!! Do you have any idea how amazing your recipes sound? I haven't even had a chance to MAKE any of them yet, and already I have new favorite foods :lol: These are gourmet!

I totally agree with you hack1031!

Collette darling, thanks for the onion update. B) I'll have to check that out...I would have never guessed correctly. There is so much to learn!

Hey, I forget, do you eat meat? I eat it occasionally, but I'm mainly a fruit and veggie gal. My husband jokes on me and says, "You might as well just eat grass. It's cheap, gluten free, and there's plenty of it!" :rolleyes: Of course he is kidding, nonetheless, I have to make dishes that he doesn't realize have no meat or I make meat as a "side dish" for him.

That's why I enjoy the recipes you post. When I was in the city finishing college, I was able to eat a variety of wonderful foods, often from different cultures. Now, I tend to get into a cycle of cooking the same thing over and over again <_< If I eat one more scrambled egg, I think I'll barf. :huh:

Eat well, enjoy life. -Jules ;)

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

Join eNewsletter

I totally agree with you hack1031!

Collette darling, thanks for the onion update. B) I'll have to check that out...I would have never guessed correctly. There is so much to learn!

Hey, I forget, do you eat meat? I eat it occasionally, but I'm mainly a fruit and veggie gal. My husband jokes on me and says, "You might as well just eat grass. It's cheap, gluten free, and there's plenty of it!" :rolleyes: Of course he is kidding, nonetheless, I have to make dishes that he doesn't realize have no meat or I make meat as a "side dish" for him.

That's why I enjoy the recipes you post. When I was in the city finishing college, I was able to eat a variety of wonderful foods, often from different cultures. Now, I tend to get into a cycle of cooking the same thing over and over again <_< If I eat one more scrambled egg, I think I'll barf. :huh:

Eat well, enjoy life. -Jules ;)

MMM I lovelove fruits & veggies Julie, I tend to have trouble though during digestion. they go right through me.. lol

;)

we'll work together to help you find yummies that work for you!!!

lovelove

sickchick

Collette

NO Carageenan.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter