Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefulmama

Can Toddlers Have Rls Related To Gluten Intolerance?

I posted this on the sleep board on Sunday and haven't gotten any responses, so I thought I'd post here too since everyone is so very helpful:

We've been gluten-free for about one month. DD is almost 2.5. While her sleep has improved, we've noticed that the two times we think she was glutened by accident, she had night terrors again. Tonight she ate 2 bites of my husbands rice from Chinese takeout. It had a tiny bit of sauce on it, but barely any. He didn't think anything of it. (Although I know the soy sauce is a no-no.) Then this evening she had a really bad night terror that lasted about an hour. Any time she has a night terror, she kicks her legs like crazy almost the entire time. Tonight she kept saying that her legs hurt. RLS runs in the family. I guess my questions are: Have you known any toddlers or young children with RLS? Is it related to being glutened? It would make a lot of sense, but since I'm so new to this, I'm just not sure and don't know where to turn. Thank you!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My daughter also suffered from RLS for years; her father has it, too. When she sent on the gluten free diet, her symptoms improved. She still has it occasionally, but it is not as severe and does not keep her up at night as it used to on occasion.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter