Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avarismama

Your Favorite Sandwich Bread By Gluten Free Pantry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't made my own bread yet (planning on though really soon) but I know with already made gluten free bread it lasts a couple of days to a week on the counter (depending on the brand). I keep mine in the freezer and take out what I need. Put it in the microwave for like 10 seconds and then in the toaster.

From what I have read about making bread yourself... It only tastes good for approx 2 days if just left out on the counter. A lot of people say they put the bread in the freezer in freezer containers or zip locks in serving portions (like 2-4 slices in a bag).

Which ever way you go you want to make sure it is in an air tight container or bag.

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

Join eNewsletter

A lot of people say they put the bread in the freezer in freezer containers or zip locks in serving portions (like 2-4 slices in a bag).

This works for us....slice with a "bread" knife and you'll be able to make more uniform slices. We get about 9 or 10 slices from one loaf.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Join eNewsletter

I get about 20 slices from a loaf of GFP bread--I make the French. I slice when it's completely cool and store in the freezer in zip lock bags--4 slices to a bag.

I wouldn't leave it out more than a day or two.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter