This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Jules Thin Crust gluten-free Pizza

janjal

janjal Newbie

I was so excited when I got to eat pizza at a restaurant for the first time in a year. I have had gluten-free frozen pizza but you can not compare that to the real thing. My husband took my family and I to Jules Thin Crust in Newtown PA. They also have one in Doylestown PA. I live in central NJ so the Newtown one is closer. It was so good. We ordered one gluten-free pie, and one regular one. My husband and one of my children tried the gluten-free pie, and they could not taste any difference between them. Does anyone know of any other gluten-free pizza places around the Trenton, NJ area? :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

savvvyseller Enthusiast
I was so excited when I got to eat pizza at a restaurant for the first time in a year. I have had gluten-free frozen pizza but you can not compare that to the real thing. My husband took my family and I to Jules Thin Crust in Newtown PA. They also have one in Doylestown PA. I live in central NJ so the Newtown one is closer. It was so good. We ordered one gluten-free pie, and one regular one. My husband and one of my children tried the gluten-free pie, and they could not taste any difference between them. Does anyone know of any other gluten-free pizza places around the Trenton, NJ area? :)

Not in Trenton, but Pasta Pomodoro in Voorhees, NJ has gluten free pizza, stuffed shells and other menu items.

lpellegr Collaborator

Well, if there is gluten-free pizza in the Trenton area, I haven't heard about it in the 3+ years I've needed it. Jules in Newtown is probably the best you'll get unless you make your own or buy frozen. I haven't been there yet. There is very little consistently gluten-free restaurant food in the area except for the chains - there is PF Chang's at Marketfair (which is where I ask to go if someone wants to eat out), and in Ewing there is Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries, where the bunless burger is safe and the fries are just potatoes and peanut oil, and fantastic, especially if you haven't had fast food fries in a while. Charlie Brown's on route 1 near Princeton has a limited gluten-free menu. Whole Foods on Rt one has a frozen section of their own gluten-free baked goods, and the pizza crusts are not bad - a little dense, but they hold the toppings.

amybeth Enthusiast

Jules Thin Crust also sells their gluten-free dough if you want to take it home...the best part is all of the gluten-free toppings to try! I have too many favorites to count.

They are also expanding further...might be in NJ soon!

I, too, eat at PF Changs in Princeton and a little further South on Route 1 near Quakerbridge mall is a Cheeburger Cheeburger where you can build your own salad with gluten-free ingredients.

If you travel to Newtown again soon, Isaac Newton's carries a gluten-free beer, if that grabs your interest. It's an English beer....Hamberton's Tolerance (or something like that).

janjal Newbie

Hi all thanks for the information. Just to let you know the Charlie Browns on route 1 closed. I love to go to PF Changs when I can, and I go to Whole Foods all the time. This is just a rumor but I heard they may put a PF Changs in Ewing by the new business park on route 31 and 95. Hey where is the burger restaurant in Ewing? I would love to try it out. I have had the bunless burger at Red Robin. It's ok.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
Jules Thin Crust also sells their gluten-free dough if you want to take it home...the best part is all of the gluten-free toppings to try! I have too many favorites to count.

They are also expanding further...might be in NJ soon!

I, too, eat at PF Changs in Princeton and a little further South on Route 1 near Quakerbridge mall is a Cheeburger Cheeburger where you can build your own salad with gluten-free ingredients.

If you travel to Newtown again soon, Isaac Newton's carries a gluten-free beer, if that grabs your interest. It's an English beer....Hamberton's Tolerance (or something like that).

I'm glad you mentioned cheeburger cheeburger, a new one opened up near us and we wanted to try it. It is new to the area.

lpellegr Collaborator

Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries is in the shopping center at the intersection of Parkway and Scotch Road in Ewing. A little further down Parkway is a small shopping center (with Marrazzo's grocery store) with Simply Natural, a health food store with some gluten-free stuff. On Quakerbridge Road is a place called DeLiteful Foods, which carries all kinds of diet and special foods. They have lots of gluten-free stuff, although you have to watch for expiration dates. They have freezers full of gluten-free breads and lots of stuff I haven't seen anywhere else except the web.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived