Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VegasCeliacBuckeye

Going To St. Thomas, Virgin Islands In May

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey gang,

The gluten-free and I are traveling to St. Thomas in May for a wedding.

Anyone have any good experiences at restaurants out there? Actually, anyone have any outdoor activities they recommend?

We are staying at the Mafolie Hotel.

www.mafolie.com

Thanks

Chris

We were there in January. We only ate lunch at one of the local places, but it was fine, and I didn't get sick. It was a little place at the Havensight Mall called Delly...something...can't remember the name right now. There wasn't that many places to eat there, so it's easy to find.

Also, if you have to take a can anywhere, the rates are set by WHERE you are going, not how long it takes to get there....the rates were no more than 5 or 6 dollars to go anywhere.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Ryan

Positive blood work May 06

Positive results with diet change

Join eNewsletter

I will be going to St. John (also part of the US Virgin Islands) for two weeks this November.....broncobux, how was your trip? Did you have any problems? Do stores there have any sort of selection for gluten-free cooking (if you happened to go shopping)?

Anyone else have any experience here? The place we are staying does have a basic kitchen setup (i.e. fridge, stove, utensils, pots/pans) so I can theoretically cook stuff instead of eat out. However the pots/pans kind of scare me. Anyway, there is a limit to how much food I can cram into my luggage (I probably should leave some space for clothes), so I will eventually need to forage for something to eat.

Any advice would be welcome, even if it is just types of caribbean-style food that are probably safe or types that should be avoided.

I will try to post my experiences (good or bad) when I get back!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter