Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scottish

Eating Out In Orlando

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Last summer we went to Orlando for vacation, and ate at NBA City and Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, both at Universal Parks City Walk.

We called ahead (like the week before) and the head chefs at both places were very knowledgeable about gluten-free. It's a long story, but the head chef at Maragritaville really went out of his way to take care of us. With advance notice he will get special gluten-free items that they don't normally have (in our case gluten-free bun for my son's cheeseburger and a gluten-free brownie for a massive hot fudge sundae). I have seen another post where he came up with some gluten-free key lime pie for a customer.

Both places contributed to our very enjoyable and memorable vacation.

Bev

Mom of Garrett - Mizzou freshman; diagnosed Jan 2005

Join eNewsletter

Last summer we went to Orlando for vacation, and ate at NBA City and Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, both at Universal Parks City Walk.

We called ahead (like the week before) and the head chefs at both places were very knowledgeable about gluten-free. It's a long story, but the head chef at Maragritaville really went out of his way to take care of us. With advance notice he will get special gluten-free items that they don't normally have (in our case gluten-free bun for my son's cheeseburger and a gluten-free brownie for a massive hot fudge sundae). I have seen another post where he came up with some gluten-free key lime pie for a customer.

Both places contributed to our very enjoyable and memorable vacation.

Thanks for that ,Margaritaville was a place i liked the look of last time, but wasn't sure they would cater for me.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter