Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michelle1234

Burts Bee's Skin Care Products

I've been trying to switch over all my personal care products and based on another post tried some Burt's Bees products. However there were alot of things in the store that weren't on the gluten free list so I wrote and got an updated list. Here it is:

Appropriate List For Gluten Restricted Patients

Products NOT containing wheat, Oat, Rye & Barley derived ingredients

Updated: Jan 8, 2008

BABY BEE

BABY BEE DUSTING POWDER

BABY BEE CR

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm going to be the first person to reply since I just invested some $s and my experience may help someone else.

I'll start with the Lip Shimmers. I love these! So far I have bought 6 colors. Not because I really needed six colors but because the colors on the lids are not at all like that in the tube (but what lipstick ever is?). Hint: right now Walgreens has them on sale at two for $6. For my first tube I bought it at Whole foods for $5. The second tube at another store for $4.50 so when I saw the Walgreen's sale I got four more tubes.

Here are my translations of the colors:

Raisin - A very nice brighter red. Not super bright but the one you would likely pick to wear with a bright red top.

Fig - A darker red. A very nice color red with maybe just a shade of brown in it. For me this was the color I would always pick for my main color.

Papaya - A shiny metallic bronze. Very fun color.

Rhubarb - A reddish pink but for me too pink. But if you like a pink this would be a good one to try.

Nutmeg - I would have to say this was a coral color.

Cocoa - This one really does look like the color on the lid but it was the only one that looked like the color on the lid. It also has a metallic shimmer over that color. I don't really know how to describe it. Sort of a purplish brown with an underlay of platinum.

I bought the Radiance Healthy Glow Kit. It has 7 trial size products from the Radiance grouping. Everything in this kit is on the list except the Night Creme. I keep looking at the list to see if I missed it but so far I can't find it.

I also bought the Essential Body Kit. This has 8 trial size items. Out of this kit it appears the Peppermint Foot Lotion isn't on the list. I can use 7 items from this kit so it isn't a bad value.

I wrote Burt's Bees to see if the Radiance Night Creme was accidentally omitted from the list since it is the only Radiance product in the kit that wasn't gluten free and I couldn't find a suspicious ingredient. The Peppermint Foot Lotion did contain wheat germ oil.

Last night I tried two face products:

Evening Primrose Overnight Creme. This didn't turn my face red. Yeah! I haven't been able to apply any lotion to my face that did not turn it red in years. I have rosacia and when I get glutened the skin on my face flakes off in large flakes. This lotion goes on very oily (so probably not good for oily skin) and frankly doesn't smell very good. Actually it is disgusting. But my face was in good shape this morning. I bought the Burt's Bees Radiance kit listed above to try and see if I can get good results without the smell. No trial size of the Primrose Overnight Creme though so I had to buy a full size.

Royal Jelly Eye Creme with Aloe Vera. No offensive smell. I put it around my eyes and it went on oily. No negative reaction over night.

If you use any Burt's Bees products and have any you think the world of let me know since I may want to try it.

Cheers!

Michelle

Join eNewsletter

the lip balm is really great, one of the best i've ever used. the peppermint oil makes it feel really fresh and tingly and it keeps the lips soft for hours :) i'm a lip balm junky and always have some in my pocket. also i tried the herbal blemish stick because my face breaks out from shaving.... it seems to be working pretty well.

Joe

Dx Crohn's Disease - December, 1993

Positive Blood Test - November, 2007

Positive Biopsy - December 21, 2007

Gluten Free since December 3, 2007

Crohn's Medication stopped on January 17, 2008

Join eNewsletter

Guest digmom1014

Thank you so much for this list. I have found after being gluten-free for almost 2 months, I find I am more sensitive to products on my skin. (I'm sure I always was!)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter