Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skichikk18

Royal Carribean

I know there have been a lot of posts about Royal Carribean cruises. I am going on one in April and have only been doing this diet for about 2 months so I am a little nervous. I have gone on 4 other cruises but dind't have to worry about what I ate. I have questions about the buffet. How do you know what is safe and what isn't? I am not a huge sitdown person for breakfast and obviously lunch, so I am worried about those 2 meals. Any suggestions or help would be great.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You would do better to decide to become a 'sit down person' for all meals and skipping the buffet. The chances of cc are too great with buffets.

What I did is first of all send them an e-mail for starters a month ahead of the cruise, making them aware of my issues. Then, soon after boarding, I talked to the maitre'd. He made sure that every night after supper a hostess would come to my table and helped me decide on my meals for the next day, so they could give the cook a heads up on that.

Even with my incredibly difficult diet (just gluten would have been easy) there was only one slip-up.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter