Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiac-mommy

My Kid's Got A Great Attitude Despite...

My amazing daughter wanted to take part in the American Heart Association jump rope for heart this year in memory of her grandpa who died last summer of heart disease. I was told the top 3 kids from each school who raised the most $ would get Blazer tickets to jump rope with all the other top kids in the area during half time. Madeleine raised 455$ (she's 6!!), she came home from school yesterday and was so excited because she was one of the top 3. She was, however, mildly disappointed because her PE teacher (who was in charge of this whole thing) treated her whole class to an ice cream bar party yesterday in honor of Maddie--who was unable to take part because the bars she bought weren't gluten-free. Her regular teacher is buying bars especially for her today, which I really appreciate (she's WONDERFUL) I was just frustrated with the PE teacher--who will be getting an email from me. Overall, I'm just amazed what a great kid I have! Oh look, I'm making myself cry....

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Wow, what an amazing little girl! You certainly have a reason to be proud of her.

How disappointing that they had ice cream in honor of her, and she couldn't have it herself! That is very insensitive of her PE teacher. Good thing her regular teacher is there to help her out.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Congrats to Maddie! And how ironic that a jump roping event to combat heart disease is rewarded with junk food.

I thought the same thing <_<

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

OK, what a doof! (the PE teacher) "Way to go! Let's celebrate! You watch the rest of us pig out on ice cream for all your hard work!!" :angry:

Your daughter should be commended and you as well! That's so neat that she wanted to be the winner for that adn you for raising her! It's a pitty the teacher didn't come up with a better celebration. They could have celebrated with her being able to pick out her favorite game to play in PE or something.

Tell Maddie we said "Great work!!"

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter