This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Dinner Tonight! So Yummy!

Sweetfudge

Sweetfudge Community Regular

OMG it won't post the picture!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

missy'smom Collaborator

Oh, no! Please do share. Are you still CF? This sounds really good! I was thinking about using my pizza crust recipie to make foccacia. Hadn't decided what toppings(I overthink things!) Rosemary and something sounds good. You just reminded me that in NYC we used to get a "pizza" that was potato, herb and lightly carmelized onion with olive oil instead of sauce and IF it had any cheese, only a little parmesan.

Sweetfudge Community Regular

K you can see the amazing pic at my blog, if you click on my profile.

Here are the recipes:

So yummy! Double Potato Soup and Gluten Free Focaccia Bread!!

The soup:

Adapted from the recipe from the girls at www.eatingglutenfree.com.

1 Tbs. oil

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed

3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed

About a tsp. each garlic and onion powder

4 c. chicken broth

1 tsp. thyme

2 dashes ground red pepper

2 c 2% milk

In a large soup pot, heat oil on medium-high. Add potatoes and onion and garlic powder and cook a few minutes. Add chicken broth, thyme, and red pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and mash the potatoes with a potato masher. (Lumps are okay.) Add salt and pepper to taste (I used garlic salt, so ommited adding the salt). Return to heat. Slowly stir in the milk. Heat until hot, but not boiling. Serve with grated cheddar cheese and cubed ham.

The bread:

Adapted from Annalise Robert's "Gluten Free Baking Classics" cookbook.

1 1/8 c. featherlight flour mix.

1/4 c. ground flax seed

3/8 c. amaranth flour

1 tsp. xanthan gum

1/2 tsp. salt

1 Tbs. sugar

1 packet quick rise yeast

1 tsp. olive oil

3/4 c plus 1 Tbs. warm water

olive oil

salt

Spray an 8-9 inch round pan with baking spray and dust with gluten-free flour.

Mix all dry ingredients, except the yeast, in a large mixing bowl. Combine water and yeast in a separate bowl. Add olive oil to dry ingredients, then add yeast water. Mix until blended, then turn mixer up to high, and beat for 2 minutes.

Spoon dough into pan and spread it out with a spatula. Let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.

Place oven rack into lower third of the oven. Preheat to 400 degrees.

Sprinkle olive oil and salt over the top of the bread. Spread oil to evenly coat the bread with your fingers.

Bake for 20 minutes. Bread should be light golden colored, and cooked through. Remove bread from pan and allow to cool on a rack for 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve.

Archived