Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've heard that Log Cabin Country Kitchen is gluten free, but I haven't seen it. We really don't like the taste of pure maple syrup. Do any of the major brands have gluten free syrup? Aunt Jemima, Eggo, Hungry Jack, etc? Or store brands...Safeway, Albertsons'/Acme, Wegmans? Thank you!

Holly

DD5: juveline rheumatoid arthritis 8/07; celiac 3/08

DS3: negative blood tests

Me and DH: negative blood tests

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've heard that Log Cabin Country Kitchen is gluten free, but I haven't seen it. We really don't like the taste of pure maple syrup. Do any of the major brands have gluten free syrup? Aunt Jemima, Eggo, Hungry Jack, etc? Or store brands...Safeway, Albertsons'/Acme, Wegmans? Thank you!

Hi, I grew up with Mrs Buttersworth and it is gluten free thank goodness!!!

w

Join eNewsletter

Mrs. Buttersworth original? butter flavor? I know I can (and should) call the companies to verifiy, but I thought I'd help speed up the process by asking here. Thank you!

Holly

Join eNewsletter

Ok, I just made my first call (just starting DD on gluten-free diet). Call Kelloggs about their Eggo syrup b/c it's what we happen to have right now. The prerecorded message said in general, Kelloggs products with malt is made from barley, therefore has gluten. But then said their syrup is not made with gluten containing ingredients. I don't see malt listed in the ingredients. Does that mean the syrup is gluten free? Thank you!

Holly

Join eNewsletter

I realized I have the Albertson's brand food list, and they note that syrups are "gluten safe" defined as "could contain corn or rice." I assume that is gluten free then, correct?

Holly

Join eNewsletter

I realized I have the Albertson's brand food list, and they note that syrups are "gluten safe" defined as "could contain corn or rice." I assume that is gluten free then, correct?

As we use the term, neither corn nor rice contain gluten.

As defined scientifically, the word gluten could refer to any plant protein, so you may see "corn gluten" or "rice gluten" in ingredient lists, but these plant proteins are not ones that trigger the celiac autoimmune reaction.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

Yes, Eggo brand is gluten free.

Here is another thread with more info. Mrs. Butterworths is not safe.

syrup discussion

Positive Bloodwork January 2007

Positive Biopsy Feb. 2007

Gluten Free since January 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,9)

Join eNewsletter

Yes, Eggo brand is gluten free.

Here is another thread with more info. Mrs. Butterworths is not safe.

syrup discussion

Just to let you know how fast things change . . . I posted in that thread that Aunt Jemima was OK . . . since then, I was notified by clan Thomson that it is no longer considered gluten-free.

Also, the only place I have found Log Cabin Country Kitchen is at Wal-Mart . . . even the ones that are NOT the Super-Wal-Marts.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Join eNewsletter

All of this confusion is why we now use pure maple syrup. I know some don't like it because it is different than the artificial stuff, but if you give it a try for a while you might just find that you begin to like it. It contains one ingredient and no worries. ;)

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

It took a little bit to get used to the real..and while I can't have any right now..I will never go back to anything else. Love the real stuff.

For those who are making gluten free waffles and can have maple syrup and blueberries..oh man..I can't wait until I can do that..yummo..just make sure the syrup is warm and the berries are room temp..yum.

Join eNewsletter

I grew up on the real stuff, so I knew no different until I went to my inlaws and saw them pour on the 'fake' stuff. I thought it was gross, but the guys I work with all grew up on the Butterworths and can't stand the 'real' stuff. One even makes his own with a ton of sugar and something called Maplene. I think making it would keep me from eating it! I always try to stay as close to 100% natural ingredients as possible. I recommend pure maple syrup, but like others said, you might need to get used to it.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter