Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twister2

Pie Crust Recipes Please!

Hi folks! Does anyone have a good gluten-free recipe for pie crust? I just made butter tarts with a gluten-free mix for pastry and it was so flaky my tarts are a mess! My hubby loves butter tarts, and I am hoping to find a gluten-free pastry recipe that will put me close to regular pie crust. Of course its the filling that counts though... :)

Antibody positive, diagnosed October 2004.

Mother and two sisters with Celiacs also

Edmond, Oklahoma

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We use Roben Ryberg's recipe from The Gluten-Free Kitchen cookbook, but I've also used the Miss Roben's pie crust mix. You might look for a piecrust recipe at the Miss Roben's company website (it's all the same person)Both work well for me, and if I don't roll it tooo thin it's manageable. We make ham-cheese pockets and apple turnovers. I know lots of people use plastic wrap to roll out dough, but parchment paper works better for me.

joanna

Mom/wife to celiacs dx 12/03 and 12/04

Success is never final and failure never fatal. It's courage that counts -George Tilton

I used the Gluten Free Pantry pie crust mix @ Thanksgiving and had great results. I ordered on line, but I have seen it @ stores that carry gluten-free items. It was really easy to mix together and use. Good luck.

Lisa