Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maddycat

Diet Compliance Re-check With Dr.

I am meeting with my dr. later this week to test for diet compliance, etc. I was diagnosed in August of '06 and have not been back to my dr yet- this is my first time. What tests do they need to run to check things out and make sure I am doing well on the diet? Blood tests for antibodies, vitamin deficiency checks? Please tell me which ones specifically, I don't want to miss anything (I don't think my dr will know).

Asside from bloodwork- I am going to ask for a bone density scan (I had one in '06 that said I had osteopenia). I had just had a baby 3 months before my last scan and was breastfeeding full time- so I'm hoping that that had something to do with my thinner bones, rather than celiac. I'm hoping to see some recovery from that.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Marcia

Marcia-

Diagnosed Celiac based on equivocal results on blood seriology tests, did not have a biopsy due to already eating gluten free (I didn't know any better at the time to keep eating gluten until all tests could be done).

Diagnosis came 3 months after the birth of my first child at age 31 (I believe childbirth was my trigger).

Gluten Free since 8/06

Genetic testing revealed:

I have one copy of DQ2 (DQA1 05/DQB1 02)

Son- 3 years old, so far not showing any signs of digestive issues and does eat gluten- fingers crossed!

Second baby born after I have been gluten free for 2 1/2 years- a healthy boy weighing in at 9 pounds at birth!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Bump-

Anyone????

Marcia-

Diagnosed Celiac based on equivocal results on blood seriology tests, did not have a biopsy due to already eating gluten free (I didn't know any better at the time to keep eating gluten until all tests could be done).

Diagnosis came 3 months after the birth of my first child at age 31 (I believe childbirth was my trigger).

Gluten Free since 8/06

Genetic testing revealed:

I have one copy of DQ2 (DQA1 05/DQB1 02)

Son- 3 years old, so far not showing any signs of digestive issues and does eat gluten- fingers crossed!

Second baby born after I have been gluten free for 2 1/2 years- a healthy boy weighing in at 9 pounds at birth!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter