Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okay I finally tried tonight the notta pasta brand pasta.....And I actually liked it. I mixed it with tomato, onion, green pepper, and garlic-- Which I eat all the time......with no problem.......But, now i am dying the pain in stomach is so bad. Is there possibly anything in the notta pasta( which is rice pasta) which could cause horrible pain?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Did you call the company? Does it say gluten-free on the package or did you eat it because the ingredients didn't seem to show gluten. I'm not sure what pasta that is, but maybe it's not produced in a gluten-free facility? Anything else new that you tried within the past....48 hours?

The package itself states gluten free on it. And I dont see how there could be any cross contamination . I am vegetarian so all the ingredients i put in with the pasta, I eat all the time, with no problems

I haven't had a problem with Notta Pasta in the past, though it's not my favorite. You might check with the company to find out if it was contaminated (not made on a dedicated line), or investigate if something got brought into your kitchen, it was something earlier in the day, or it was something that wasn't gluten - like the stomach flu or the ever-lovely (not!) "mild" case of food poisoning. Of course, if you're intolerant to rice as well, that could be the problem.