Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shanluts

Best gluten-free Product Book

Best GF Book  

1. 1. Which gluten-free Product Guide do you prefer

• Celiac Sprue Association
    • Cecelias Marketplace

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I did not vote because I am only familiar with the CSA Product List.

When I was first diagnosed, I went into the panic mode. I did order the CSA Product listing and was pleased at the time. It is geared to west coast and midlands grocery stores that we do not have available here. If you have a Traders Joe's in your area, yes, it will be helpful. I live in a town of 6,000. :(

It does have a limited lifetime. Products do change their ingredients and they require constant updates to guarantee their gluten free status.

I would suggest the Product Thread on this site. I kept a legal pad next to my computer and wrote down everything that could accompany my pantry. UNTIL you learn to read labels a recommended gluten free product or company contact information is great when your are learning the ropes.

It is very frustrating in the beginning, but I can assure you that it will become easier.

PS. Whole Foods has a very extensive gluten free product list that is available at their stores upon request.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

I ordered Cecilias and the clan resteraunt guide. I KNOW that these will change frequently at least it gives me a starting point. I have been gluten-free for a little over a year...Just not too serious (only reading labels). Been sick for too long!

Thanks I love the pad idea.

Shannon

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter