Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gluten=bad

Yummy Homemade Chicken Strips

Hi all, my parent's came over today and I wanted to make something special for dinner. I also wanted it to be something that I can eat. So I bought some boneless, skinless chicken tenders and used Pamela's baking mix to bread them with. They were great and my gluten eating family liked them as well. Here's what I did:

Soak the chicken strips overnight in a mixture of buttermilk and salt

Heat up your fryer and coat the chicken with a mixture of Pamela's baking mix, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes. Fry until chicken is cooked through. *Note* the "crust" will almost look burnt when the chicken is done but tastes great. We dipped ours in Ken's honey mustard dressing and I didn't feel like I was missing out on a thing! I also made a cherry cobbler with Pamela's baking mix in the topping.

I used Comstock canned cherry pie filling and topped that with a mixture of Pamela's baking mix, sugar, a little bit of salt, and a stick of real butter. Cook at 350 for about 45 minutes or until it's all bubbly and the top browned. I sprinkled some chopped walnuts on mine during the last five minutes. It was great! I can't wait to eat it tomorrow possibly with some vanilla ice cream :-)

Stepmomof 2

Married for 5 years

Dx with PCOS February '07

Dx with Celicac disease February '08

Gluten-free since 02-24-08

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sounds really good. You are quite the gluten-free cook. I want to make an apple or peach cobbler now.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

Join eNewsletter

yummy! way to go!

I want to make an apple or peach cobbler now.

me too!!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Join eNewsletter

yummy! way to go!

me too!!

I used to make peach cobbler in a special dish when I was a kid and then eat the whole thing. I think I'll have to do that again. Don't think I'll eat the whole thing this time though.....

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter