Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stolly

Animal Crackers

I'm looking for a good animal cracker substitute for my daughter...something that tastes similar to Barnum's (Nabisco) animal crackers. Any suggestions??

Holly

DD5: juveline rheumatoid arthritis 8/07; celiac 3/08

DS3: negative blood tests

Me and DH: negative blood tests

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We use Kinnikinnick animal crackers for our youngest son. He has never had the gluten versions, but his older brothers have, and they both like the gluten-free version just fine. I think they are called Kinni-Kritters or something like that...light blue box.

Join eNewsletter

Mi Del arrowroot cookies are good too

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

I like the Kinnikritters better,but the Mi-del ones are often easier to find.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

We use Kinnikinnick animal crackers for our youngest son. He has never had the gluten versions, but his older brothers have, and they both like the gluten-free version just fine. I think they are called Kinni-Kritters or something like that...light blue box.

I also like these better than the Mel-del ones. Better after taste and they aren't rock hard to bite into.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter