Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cathou

New To Forum- My Issues, Getting A Biopsie...

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad to have found this forum! I've been feeling like a hypochondriac because I'm constantly talking about how bad I feel around co-workers and hubby. I can't remember when it all started but I'd say in the last 2 years... but gradually until there was cause for concern in the past 6 months.

I have food allergies and the worst offender is WHEAT! I have this condition called "Exercise Induced Anaphylaxis" which is most likely food dependent and triggered by foods that I'm intolerant (or allergic) to. So I have to carry an epipen with me at all times. The symptoms I get when this happens are: Hives, swelling of the face and difficulty breathing (feels like asthma). Anyway, since the allergy test diagnosed the wheat allergy (about 2 yrs. ago) I continued eating wheat not thinking that it could also be the culprit of other issues I have.

For the past 6 months, I've been bloated 24/7 and look like I'm 5 months pregnant. I'm either constipated or have diarrhea. Have difficulty digesting all the time but also hungry all the time! Although I exercise 4-5 days a week, I don't lose weight. I started reading on gluten and celiac and feel like if I don't have Celiac, then I MUST have some kind of intolerance.

Went to see a GI 2 weeks ago, she and my general doctor both believe I have IBS but the GI has scheduled an endoscopy right away for end of March. I had stopped eating Gluten last month to see if it helped my situation (which I think it did) but of course, she put me back on it for the test. Now I'm worse than ever (the bloating) and I can't wait to do the biopsy so that I can quit eating Gluten again. On my 3 weeks off gluten, my bloating diminished - although it was still there - and I actually lost a few pounds. I really feel it was helping... I also think I might be lactose intolerant... The GI told me that a good test I can do at home is drink 3 glasses of cow's milk and that if I'm LI, I'll have cramps and feel really bad. I haven't done it yet... She suggested that I start using fiber supplements

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter