Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kate and Molly

Easter

Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of seasonal candy for celebrating Easter. We are participating in a neighborhood easter egg hunt, and I would love to supply a list of gluten-free candy options so I don't have to sort through the candy and possibly have my daughter eating it before I can check it out. Thanks.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Mars and Nestle will clearly list any gluten in their ingredients, so all you have to do is read to see if it's gluten free. Russell candy is also gluten free, except for things like cookies, according to their website. Dove will also disclose gluten.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

What I really want to know is, are Reeses peanut butter cups okay? I looked at the label and I didn't see anything that had to do with wheat, but I don't want to risk it until I know for sure.

Join eNewsletter

Normal ones are fine,yes :)

But be careful of some of the holiday themed ones- some of the eggs have gluten- Wheat starch I believe

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

I try :D the world would be a sad place if reeses weren't gluten-free

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

I tried to make this a new topic on the Coping forum in case someone didn't check back, but it automatically got moved. So I hope you all catch this.

The Cadberry Creme Egg label says "Glucose Sugar (Wheat)". I'm a newbie to this, so maybe I'm missing something, like that in the form of glucose sugar the gluten is taken out, but if not, DON'T EAT THE EGGS!! I saw one at least one person was doing the happy dance. Sorry to stop the music, but I'd rather you not get sick!

Think Reese's...mmmmm...better than those darn creme eggs anyway...think Peeps...cuter than the those darn eggs...think...no diarrhea, vomitting or constipation...way better than those stupid eggs!!

Have a happy, healthy gluten-free Easter!

Join eNewsletter

OK, I'm not nuts, just tired. My last post sounds nutty! I was searching for Easter candy ideas and got two threads mixed up. I thought it was this thread that said Cadbury eggs were gluten-free. Obviously it wasn't! It was an old from LAST March (and my post made much more sense with that thread!). Duh!

Well, anyway, the eggs are still not safe to eat!

Oh that note I am going to bed!

Join eNewsletter

What I really want to know is, are Reeses peanut butter cups okay? I looked at the label and I didn't see anything that had to do with wheat, but I don't want to risk it until I know for sure.

I'm pretty sure they are made by Hershey's, and there is no way to tell if a Hershey's product with natural flavors is gluten free. They are one of the most celiac-unfriendly companies. I just found this out today after being told previously that they disclose gluten and feeding their products to my son for months. :angry:

Jenny

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Did I get here in time for the "does glucose syrup derived from wheat contain gluten?" argument. :o That one is nearly as much fun as the vinegar and food starch arguments. I hate those nasty eggs so it does not bother me. Its all going to boil down to who you believe, who you trust and how you react-considering whats gone on lately with stuff like cat food and heperin everything worries me :(

I don't eat gluten and neither do my cats

Join eNewsletter

Huh? Hershey's is unfriendly? Oh no, my daughter eats there Kisses all the time... does anyone know if they are gluten free?

Susan

Yes, the plain kisses are. According to my memory of the phone call yesterday only the plain Hershey's kisses, Hershey's chocolate bar (plain and with almonds), chocolate chips, baking chocolate, and cocoa are gluten free. What makes me the most upset is that you cannot even call them with an IPC number to determine if one of their products is gluten free. They have no information about what's in their natural flavors.

Jenny

Join eNewsletter

I have always loved the Cadbury mini chocolate eggs and the Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I have always had a sweet toothe.

Along with fighting Celiac and having mulitiple allergies..I am trying really hard to cut out all forms of sugar. Hasn't been as horribly hard as I thought..but sometimes around the holidays..as we all know..it can get tough.

But I just had a question in general. Isn't sugar overall bad for our digestion? I mean for anyone?

And most likely especially for those of us here?

Join eNewsletter

I try :D the world would be a sad place if reeses weren't gluten-free

Seriously!!!

OK, I'm not nuts, just tired. My last post sounds nutty! I was searching for Easter candy ideas and got two threads mixed up. I thought it was this thread that said Cadbury eggs were gluten-free. Obviously it wasn't! It was an old from LAST March (and my post made much more sense with that thread!). Duh!

Well, anyway, the eggs are still not safe to eat!

Oh that note I am going to bed!

Yeah, too bad they changed that :( Opportunity to find new faves though :) And spend extra money on See's Candy!!!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter