Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JennyC

New Dedicated gluten-free Bakery In Portland Or

I was looking a local GIG blog and came across this information last night. They are the same people who have a stand at the Farmer's market. They make their products in a dedicated gluten-free bakery and transport them to their retail location. I'm really excited since my son recently got sick from a local non-dedicated bakery. :(

Here's a link:

http://www.newcascadiatraditional.com/

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks Jenny! (I got your email too :) ) I'm looking forward to going. We tried the one in Milwaukie last weekend and I wasn't impressed--neither was Maddie. She said I make better cookies ;) That felt good!! I hope this one is better!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

We tried the one in Sellwood, off of Tahoma (sp?), and I think Tristen got glutened. He had D for the next few days. It did not appear large enough for any kind of dedicated equipment. I hope this one is better. We are going there today.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

The one we went to was on Milwaukie Ave, it's the house that looks like it's decorated out of Hansel and Gretel with all the candy, cute house, good idea, bad food. I just got back from the new bakery--don't blink, you'll miss it!! It's a little kiosk outside of Trader Jo's. The owner let me sample a few of the breads which were fantastic. The prices weren't too bad and the chocolate cupcake was TDF-it was Heaven in a fancy paper liner :D I ended up with a baugette (sp?), a large loaf of raisin walnut bread and the cupcake. In the future, it is best to get there when they open because 3hrs later and they were sold out of the regular sandwhich style bread and only had 2-3 sourdough loaves left. I will DEFINATELY come back!! I can stop at Moonstruck for a dark chocolate mocha 1st ;)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter