Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cruelshoes

Anyone Have A Magic Bullet?

My family knows of my love of all kitchen gadgetry, and got me a Magic Bullet for my birthday. OK - maybe it's not the most powerful thing in the world, but it is cute, and is a great size for leaving out on the counter. It will never replace my Kitchenaid food processor, but it's nice for small jobs.

I'm already having lots of fun with it. We've made smoothies, ground nuts, made omeletes and now have lump-free gravy. :) There is a recipe book with it, but I haven't tried any of them yet.

Anybody have a Magic Bullet? If so, how are you using it?

Happy chopping! :D

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use mine primarily to make bread crumbs. I just take a toasted slice of bread, rip it up, and pulse. :) I've also used it to make cheese dips. I find that it doesn't chop well at all, but it purees really well. Very easy to clean too.

One suggestion: ALWAYS check the seals before using!!! I had one of those seals pop out and it made a HUGE mess and ruined the dish because it shredded it into the container with the food.

I love my magic bullet though. Its awesome for bread crumbs, cookie crumbs (like for pie crusts), mixing dips, pureeing foods, etc. Definitely try some of the recipes in the book.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

I have a magic bullet and love it!!! We use it to grind coffee, flax seeds, make our own whipped cream, guacamole, anything you can imagine. When my son started to eat veggies, I pureed them in the magic bullet. My husband uses it to mix marinade and such... definitely smoothies!! It is probably the most used gadget we own. And like you said, it's size is perfect for leaving on the counter.

You'll love it, just keep experimenting with it.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Join eNewsletter

Great tips, ladies! I made some gingerbread, and am going to the store now to buy cream to make whipped cream in the magic bullet! This thing is not going to be good for my waistline. Oh, well, smoothies are healthy. :lol:

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

We had one until it broke (after over a year of daily, heavy use). My husband bought a generic kind because "it's the same thing but cheaper" and it doesn't work worth beans!!

Anyway, with our magic bullet we made guacomole, pesto sauce, shredded anything, and EVERY morning we made coffee drinks. Either fresh ground for our french press or we used soy milk to whip with flavoring and make a starbucks like drink!!

I LOVED that thing!! I want another one!

Join eNewsletter

I LOVED my magic bullet! In fact I've purchased three. I keep breaking them (it's a long story, lol). I do intend to buy another one, but first I'm trying out a similar type of attachment for my oster blender (that I just bought because I broke my blender (another long story, lol) after I broke my last magic bullet.

I don't cook, so no real recipes, but I used mine mainly for smoothies...very convenient and the clean up is so much easier than dragging out the big blender and taking it apart to clean.

Join eNewsletter

We use ours at least 4 times per day (2 smoothies each). My favorite is the banana split smoothie:

1 banana

3 frozen strawberries (we get the big bag from Costco)

1/3 cup pasturized egg white (from the carton)

1 tsp chocolate extract (optional as it is hard to find)

Put all in a magic bullet glass, fill with water to about 3/4 inch from the top. Use the taller blade and blend until smooth.

It is the perfect breakfast and mid morning snack. It has protein, fiber and carbs but all healthy.

I make two in the morning. One I drink for breakfast and the second I take to work for a mid-morning snack.

I love the fact that the cups come with covers so you can just wipe the rim, screw on the cover and go. We are still on our first engine but we bought a second one to get more cups. It is the most used appliance in our house.

For the first smoothie of the day I put in all my supplements and it makes them all easy and enjoyable to take.

Have fun!

Michelle

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter