Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AussieJade

Aussie Coming To La!

Hey Guys!

I'm in the process of planning a trip to the USA - and Anaheim/Los Angeles is one of our week long stays :) I've never been there as a coeliac and am quite worried as to wat to eat and where :(

I was wondering if anyone could give me any hints/pointers of food I can buy & where. And also of any restaurants that are safe in Anaheim and LA (and internet links if any)

Would be MUCH appreciated

Thankyou!

xxx

SIG.jpg

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Going out to eat:

Disney is very good about gluten free. Contact Disney and ask if gluten free meals are available in "Downtown Disney". This is outside the park.

Other places with gluten free menus are - Outback, Chick-fil-a, Wendy's and Pei Wei. I have found it best to bring along a print out from the restaurant website of the gluten free options.

The best place to buy groceries is WholeFoods Below is the link to WholeFoods:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/index.html

If you are arriving at Los Angeles there is a WholeFoods in El Segundo that you can stop by on your way to Anaheim.

If you are arriving at Orange County (SNA) the nearest WholeFoods on the way to Anahiem is in Tustin.

If you go shopping after you get to Anahiem the WholeFoods in Tustin is the nearest. The drive time is 20 to 45 minutes depending on the traffic.

Have a super trip.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

Join eNewsletter

Your welcome. If you go to customer service and ask most WholeFoods can print you out a list of gluten free products in the store. I know the Tustin WholeFoods does this because I got the list.

I am not sure about the one in El Segundo. You will have to contact them by e-mail to find out.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

Join eNewsletter

I hear there are quite a few gluten-free bakeries popping up in LA. One of them is called The Sensitive Baker, and I think it's in Culver City.

You should definitely go to Whole Foods (basically a health food store the size of a large Woolworths - with a huge gluten-free selection).

It isn't uncommon to be on a "weird" special diet in that part of the world. Most nicer restaurants can cater to anything. PF Changs is always an option as well.

I think www.glutenfreegirl.com has a recent post about gluten-free places in LA.

Downtown Disney is a good idea too. Disney in general is very accommodating to the gluten-free diet. Good luck and have a good trip. :)

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Join eNewsletter

I have been to the Sensitive Baker in Culver City. The gluten free baked goods are great. If you go there try the Kaiser Rolls. The website is below:

http://www.thesensitivebaker.com/

They are open to the public for very limited hours. I believe it is from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and are closed on Saturday. If you want to go there I would advise you contact them by e-mail.

FYI, This is north of Los Angeles Airport (LAX) by about 15 to 30 minutes depending on traffic. It is also in the opposite direction of Anahiem.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter