Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

debmidge

Pernicious Anemia

RE: Vitamin B deficiency anemia

Does anyone have any experience with this condition? I believe that this is what is keeping my husband from gaining weight (actually he's still losing weight after being gluten-free for over a year now).

Does anyone have a deficiency of the "intrinsic factor"?

Thanks for any info anyone can offer.

Deb

1/5/05

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Be careful here, Deb. Prior to worrying about a protein affiliated w/ glucose at this point, I would start with an investigation into Selenium and Cobalt, two requirements for proper B12 absorption, according to most. Here's one link-

http://www.farmrite.co.uk/category.php?cat=624-Sadly, I'm beginning to have more faith in agricultural studies than I do the Merck's Manual.

I would explore the pathways of these two before I would go putting my faith in the present medical theory on this one (Yes, I challenge the notion there is such thing as Intrinsic Value, as it is currently understood to be-2nd sentence above). Whether or not "Deficiency" or "Toxicity" of cobalt/selenium would be a problem here, don't know answer. Should be obvious, but I find no evidence to support a claim either way, at this point. Selenium believed to be beneficial for lowering glucose levels among diabetics, though it is a yeast.

Keep in mind we do not know whether or not lactate fluctuation and/or toxicity (If present/active) may be to blame for B12 deficiency, if present, or could it be that B12 may be causing problems with lactate/metabolism.

The connections between lactate and glucose are now becomming established through my research, they need each other/work together, etc.

Levels of serum B12 above 950 is not enough to rule out functional capacity deficiencies, according to my own Spectracell test findings.

Acidosis=fungus overgrowth

B12 deficiency=fungus overgrowth

fungus overgrowth=likely to be causing most of the present symptoms.

The focus must move away from the fungal overgrowth and onto the relationship between B12 and lactate. I assign high probablity to this theory, with key emphasis on Lactobacillus overgrowth (Wheat, in particular ='s increased fermentation) as a possible cause behind villi problems, some connection in metabolism of Glutamine into Alanine at the site of the villi.