Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have posted a few query's and have alot of questions. I have never felt so lousy in my life. From having no energy, a throbbing intestine, dry skin, blurred vision, and feeling like I am be eaten alive, now I am worried about my children. I have read that tests are not accurate but expect that my children may be subject to this. One's liver readings are high with no Dr. with an answer. Two have attention problems in school. When my first was born, he had severe colic and could not keep formula down. He also was diagnosed lactose intolerant at one time. They are just kids but their behavior is extreme at times and do have social issues. Is there a 100% way to actually get them diagnosed? Can celiac also cause weight gains for no good reason?I have had several Celiac indicators in my life now that I look back and my mother had epilepsy, thyroid problems, and she died young from stomach cancer. My grandmother had RA, Thyroid issues. To make matters worse is my wife gets nausious alot, teeth enamel problems, hair loss, orthopedic problems, skin issues, etc. Her mother and sister share fiber myalsia, colitis, skin problems, orthopedic issues, etc. I do not want to sound paranoid or go off the deep end. These are all classic indicators from what I have read and I am quite concerned. Any help will be very appreciated, Thank you!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have posted a few query's and have alot of questions. I have never felt so lousy in my life. From having no energy, a throbbing intestine, dry skin, blurred vision, and feeling like I am be eaten alive, now I am worried about my children. I have read that tests are not accurate but expect that my children may be subject to this. One's liver readings are high with no Dr. with an answer. Two have attention problems in school. When my first was born, he had severe colic and could not keep formula down. He also was diagnosed lactose intolerant at one time. They are just kids but their behavior is extreme at times and do have social issues. Is there a 100% way to actually get them diagnosed? Can celiac also cause weight gains for no good reason?I have had several Celiac indicators in my life now that I look back and my mother had epilepsy, thyroid problems, and she died young from stomach cancer. My grandmother had RA, Thyroid issues. To make matters worse is my wife gets nausious alot, teeth enamel problems, hair loss, orthopedic problems, skin issues, etc. Her mother and sister share fiber myalsia, colitis, skin problems, orthopedic issues, etc. I do not want to sound paranoid or go off the deep end. These are all classic indicators from what I have read and I am quite concerned. Any help will be very appreciated, Thank you!

You don't sound paranoid at all. But you do sound like you need to be gluten-free as does your entire family.

As far as testing goes...I really don't know what to tell you. Even with all of the symptoms and getting everyone tested, you may never get the diagnosis you seek. So the question really becomes....just how bad off do you need to be before you take control of your own life and trial the diet? The diet isn't particularly harmful to anyone so why not try it out as a family? Truthfully, there is nothing more to lose and a lot to potentially gain. I know that this is a leap of faith for some....but sometimes a little bit of faith goes a very long way. I went down that road with my dd and now I am gluten-free as well...and my husband has no symptoms and he sticks with the diet at home (with exception of the occasional beer). I couldn't begin to count the number of positive things that have happened since we started down this path. It's been life-changing...and mostly in a good way.

Good luck in deciding what to do.

Vicky

Join eNewsletter

Thank you very much. Now I need to get everybody on board. I truly agree and feel the same way. More to gain and nothing relly to lose.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter