• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Ksmith

New Artisan Bread Co. In Portland, Or

Rate this topic

Thanks for the tip. I went into their website and it looks interesting. I have missed the Italian breads and would be SOOOO happy to get something that I could make hoagies with.

I'm going to call today and see what I can get shipped to me. I'll let you know what I think.

Again, thanks.

Marty

We went on saturday. It was pretty good! Came away with a huge baugette, a large loaf of raisin/walnut bread (used for french toast this morning :P -but also good by itself) and a huge chocolate cupcake that really was fabulous! If you visit the "store" (really a kiosk outside of Trader Joes) go early, they open at 11, I came around 2 and they were sold out of quite a bit. Hopefully they'll be around a while!

Their prices are good. We paid $9 for a soft pretzel, 2 brownies and a croissant. They do use heavier flours in their products. I liked their products, but my son was not so sure. :rolleyes:

A large loaf od the specialty bread was 6.50 or 6.75... A baguette was under 3$ and it's huge. The cupcake was giant and was also under 3$ and worth every penny! My daughter thought everything I brought home was really good.