Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

num1habsfan

A Sad Day...

Things seem to have the worst timing for me, when I'm due for the good news I instead get the bad.

Mom called be tonight (or i guess last night) to say my auntie's dad passed away from a sudden heart attack late last night/early morning :( . I guess his wife called 911, and they didn't respond, and both ambulances were busy with something (is what my mom explained) so by the time someone got there it was too late :(

I didn't think it would be bothering me this much, but it is. My little cousin's 2nd birthday is on Friday, and the funeral looks to be planned for Thursday (and unfortunately I cant afford to miss classes to go to it, either). And...he spoiled those kids big time. So what kind of birthday party will it be, with one of the main guests not there.....

We're mostly worried about my Auntie, the whole family is. Obviously the death of a father out of nowhere is tragic enough on someone, but she's also 8 months pregnant, due April 10th. So we're terrified of her great upsetness and the stress somehow hurting the little boy on the way... :ph34r:

I should already been in bed, I need to wake up in 6 hours, but i just can't sleep. Not even texting my closest friends even late at night has helped. i REALLY didn't need something like this!!

Please send your thoughts and prayers to my family, especially my Auntie...

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are definitely with you and your family.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Join eNewsletter

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. (((hugs))) My thoughts are with you.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

Lisa,

I am so sorry--my thoughts and prayers are with your family. Hugs to you :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

I'm so sorry. Hugs and prayers heading your way.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

((hugs)) and prayers for your family during this sad time.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Join eNewsletter

You, your family, and all are in my thoughts and prayers. (((((hugs)))))

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Join eNewsletter

I hope that your auntie is in a better world than ours. My thougths and my prayers are with your family

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

Join eNewsletter

Thank you everyone for your support. I love you all... *hugs you all back*

I have the worst headache in the world, and slept about 2 hours (if i'm lucky). And if I cant calm down I know my flareup is going to get worse instead of getting better, so I'm tryin to think of things to help me relax.

I will keep you updated on how things go...

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Join eNewsletter

Oooo my Auntie had some contractions earlier today, only 3 minutes apart, but my uncle rushed her to the hospital in Yorkton and they stopped. So they said she's sleeping...and that's the latest update we have.

Maybe it really was stress induced contractions ...

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...

Join eNewsletter

Lisa, I'm so sorry. Hugs and prayers for your family. Even if your auntie delivers early, the odds are very much in her favor for having a strong and healthy baby. It is very hard to lose your dad ~ let her know others are praying for her.

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

Thank you...

So she got released from the hospital, because they said the baby just shifted, BUT she came to my baba's place tonight to at least say happy birthday to her and she said she's still having contractions! :o

So basically I'm told keep the phone handy, because she said she doesn't expect to stay at home very long! If she does have her baby by tomorrow that could sure make things interesting. 3 birthdays within 4 day span...'his' brother's birthday is on Friday, as i've said before. Imagine the boys when they grow up, parties galore I tell you when your birthdays may be almost identical :lol:

As soon as I do get my new 1st cousin I will post in here!!

I guess it's a way to show us this child will be a blessing...lose one truly amusing man, and have the opportunity to raise another...

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter