Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cdog7

Toughing Out The Gluten Challenge

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I tried to go back on the wheat for the same reason, but gave up yesterday after a week and a half. I had forgotten how tired I felt from it! and found even more syptoms that i hadn't put down to wheat before. Good luck with it!

Rennie Deflatine might help, it eases things for me a bit.

Join eNewsletter

Posts like these make me so sad. If folks have been gluten free for a time and seen improvement and then when they add gluten back in they get sick, that is diagnostic. Whether your villi are totally destroyed or not, and that is what they are trying to do in the challenge, you know your bodies are reacting. Whether you are a full blown, close to death, villi destroyed technical 'celiac' is really immaterial IMHO. Some GI's will cancel the endo and diagnose on the dietary response to the challenge. Please be sure to let your doctors know in detail about your reactions.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Posts like these make me so sad. If folks have been gluten free for a time and seen improvement and then when they add gluten back in they get sick, that is diagnostic. Whether your villi are totally destroyed or not, and that is what they are trying to do in the challenge, you know your bodies are reacting. Whether you are a full blown, close to death, villi destroyed technical 'celiac' is really immaterial IMHO. Some GI's will cancel the endo and diagnose on the dietary response to the challenge. Please be sure to let your doctors know in detail about your reactions.

I find it frustrating as well. My GI has told me that he doesn't think that I have celiac because the blood test was negative (I have IgA deficiency and it's an IgA test) and my biopsy was negative (I didn't know he had done a biopsy over a year ago until last wednesday - I had been gluten free for 3 years at the time of the biopsy - the endoscopy was for looking at damage due to GERD). I told him the list of symptoms that occurred when on gluten and how well I feel when I'm off gluten and was told I didn't fit the criteria for classic celiac (I get constipated more frequently than I get diarrhea). The two of us seemed to be inhabiting a completely different planet.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter