Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

Cadbury Milk Chocoate Bars

I have seen all the posts about the Cadbury Mini Eggs. I always look forward to them at Easter. So does that mean the chocolate bars are in the same boat?

Hello! I live near Bournville in the UK where cadbury's first factory is :) Sadly, most of their chocoalte bars do now say on them that they may contain traces of wheat, soya and nuts. I actually think they are being more responsible than many other firms in labelling their products like this, as I suspect that the chances of cc in chocolate production are quite high. The UK coeliac directory says that aero & yorkie are gluten free.

hth

Susie x

In the US, Cadbury is manufactured by Hershey - and apparently, nothing of Hershey's is safe anymore. I'll try to find the thread on it... but we've been told that they have NO IDEA what is in their "natural flavoring" since it's outsourced and proprietary. Of course, if any of the top 8 were in the ingredients, they'd be listed. But, of course.... barley and rye are not in that top 8. So, it's not required that they be disclosed if they are in the chocolate.

Personally, I've put all Hershey products on the back-burner. I'm VERY disappointed in the Hershey company.

The UK coeliac directory says that aero & yorkie are gluten free.

That's good to know. I can get both of those things through specialty stores in our area. However, they are not widely available outside of specialty shops in the US.

This all makes sense now. Before I read about the Cadbury Mini Eggs and Hershey not being safe anymore, I had eaten some extra creamy chocolate Hershey eggs and felt glutened. All I can say is shame on Hershey's. I remember hearing that the price of chocolate was going up, so I wonder if that is why the outsourcing?