Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vulpess

Blood Testing Negative

I just got my blood test back (over the phone so I don't have exact numbers). My allergist says the test is negative, but my Igt is high. He recommends an intestinal biopsy, which I've already got scheduled as well as a colonoscopy. Does anybody know what Igt is, and what it means to be high? I saw a gastrointestinal doctor, and he put me on prilosec and said I may have crones disease and/or celiac. I've also already had two other tests done on my gallblader, and the ultrasound was negative and I haven't heard back from the other scan. I'm not really sure what all these tests mean. Thanks!

Edit: I believe he said my:

Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG) - IgA

were high.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just got my blood test back (over the phone so I don't have exact numbers). My allergist says the test is negative, but my Igt is high. He recommends an intestinal biopsy, which I've already got scheduled as well as a colonoscopy. Does anybody know what Igt is, and what it means to be high? I saw a gastrointestinal doctor, and he put me on prilosec and said I may have crones disease and/or celiac. I've also already had two other tests done on my gallblader, and the ultrasound was negative and I haven't heard back from the other scan. I'm not really sure what all these tests mean. Thanks!

You may find this helpful:

http://www.celiacdiseasecenter.columbia.ed...C05-Testing.htm

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter