Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psipsina

Well At Least I Know They Aren't Bug Bites

I've been loosing my mind for a few days now. I have what I thought were bug bites popping up all over my body. At first I thought it was fleas since we're headed into spring and I could have carried some in to my indoor kitties . . . I cleaned all the bedding etc and checked all the kitties and not a flea to be found. Then yesterday I killed a mosquito so I thought surely no new bites would pop up. . . but of course they did. Also couldn't understand why my husband was bite free and why they itched soooooo much. Finally a lightbulb went on in my head and I remembered this thread and thought about how the lesions could be described as "herpes-esqe" so I start doing reading and lo and behold I think I've diagnosed myself. I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow anyways so hopefully they can hook me up with some meds or a dermatologist. I've never been formally diagnosed as celiac . . . my gluten intolerance was diagnosed by a naturopath and I've been gluten free for two years now. I think I got contaiminated when I visited family a week ago . . .we bought gluten-free foods but I couldn't exactly ask them to get new kitchenware. I've never had a reaction to tiny amounts of gluten so I wasn't vigilant enough I guess. Well at least now I know. Thanks celiac.com buddies for helping me figure out what on earth was going on with my body.

Pre-diagnosis misdiagnoses: endometriosis, migraines, psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis

Diagnosed April 2006 with multiple food sensitivities (gluten, yeast, eggs, cow dairy, legumes, some nuts and veggies) and a systemic candida infection -no pre-diagnosis symptoms since!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

When it first happened to me I thought it was an allergy to mango which causes a similar reaction. It was bad since I do research on tropical fruit. Finally I learned the good news I could eat mangos again but the bad news was I had celiac!

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter