Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Higher Malabsorption

Ok i retested my malabsorption threw enterolab and got my results today and it shows my malabsorption is higher then last year. Has anyone had this happen or know what could be causing this. I know im not getting gluten from anything.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Are you still eating dairy and soy? If yes, they could be the culprit.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Are you still eating dairy and soy? If yes, they could be the culprit.

Nope been casein free for the year and soy free for at least 6 months. I was also yeast and sugar free at the time of the test. Im just baffled.

paula

Join eNewsletter

Yes, that is odd then. I wished I'd have some advice, but I am stumped. Hopefully somebody else has some ideas.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Ok i retested my malabsorption threw enterolab and got my results today and it shows my malabsorption is higher then last year. Has anyone had this happen or know what could be causing this. I know im not getting gluten from anything.

paula

I've read about this happening to others as well. I have a feeling these inconsistencies are the reason Dr. Fine hasn't published anything yet.

Try having a blood test through your Dr. You might get clearer picture of how you're doing on the diet that way.

neesee

Join eNewsletter

I dont think it has to do with anything about dr fine not being published. I do know i have other issues going on and im just trying to figure them out. Last time i did my follow up celiac panel my ttg was still up but he thinks it could be from my candida infection.

paula

Join eNewsletter

are you eating replacement gluten-free grain products? I think they all have a level of cross contamination.

Nope im on a meat, veggies and fruit food plan.

paula

Join eNewsletter

Nope im on a meat, veggies and fruit food plan.

paula

Did you ever have a biopsy? Maybe you ought to have one to have a look to see if there is visible damage or another problem (I can't believe I am saying this, but sometimes a biopsy is a good idea).

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter