Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheetaah

Going For Celiac Test After G-free 4 Days Okay?

Hi,

I am going for a Celiac test at the advice of my endocrinologist. I have another post that describes some of my history, but want to put this question out there...

When I saw my endo yesterday morning, I had been gluten free for 4 days. Then yesterday lunch I resumed eating glutenous foods at the advice of my endo so that I can be tested for the antibodies.

My question is, I was gluten-free for 4 days, then resumed eating gluten for 24 hours. Anyone have any thoughts on whether I can go for the test this afternoon or should I wait until Monday as suggested by my endo? I don't want to wait any longer than I have to!!!

Stacy

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, I personally do not think these 4 days matter for the blood tests or for the biopsy either.

I was virtually gluten-free because of a low-carb diet for some months so I tested negative....one really needs a lot of gluten to test positive.

nora

gluten-free since may 06 after neg. biopsy symptoms went away and DH symptoms which I had since 03 got gradually better.

daughter officially diagnosed celiac and casein intolerant.

non-DQ2 or DQ8. Maybe DQ1? Updated: Yes, double DQ5

Hypothyroid since 2000, thyroxine first started to work well 06 on a low-carb and gluten-free diet

Lost 20 kg after going gluten-free and weighing 53 kg now. neg. biopsy for DH. Found out afterwards from this forum that it should have been taken during an outbreak but it was taken two weeks after. vitaminD was 57 nmol/l in may08)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter