Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Krystens mummy

Have I Given It To Her?

Hi all I hope you can help me piece the puzzle together. My daughter is 14 months old and has been gluten intollerant most of her short life. Through an elimination diet we found out really quickly. Since then however we have been trying to find out where in the genes she has inherited it. At first thought we thought it was mt husbands mother who has been plagued by unusual skin rashes since going through the menopause. She was tested however and the result was negative and so was the gene test. Here is the interesting part. My mother has just emailed from overseas. I asked her about my development when I was a child. She told me that the doctors were worried because I wasn't growing as well as they would have liked. :o I am 5ft tall 152cm. She said that she ignored them because I seemed to be healthy other than that. The only other symptom that I may have is that my poop smells like amonia. ;) The only reason I say this is so does my daughters when she has an attack and my sons poop never smelt like that. I appreciate your imput. Thanks :)

[b]Had very interesting symptoms as a child. Failure to thrive, lactose intollerance, vomiting, recurrent bladder infections, short stature (5ft tall)

Have family on my dads side dx celiac.

grandmother and brother symptomatic! No dx as this is recent discovery.

My symptoms returned Feb 08

Negative blood tests. 04/08

No iga deficiency test.

Gluten free 15/7/08

Daughter 17 months.

symptomatic since six months

Remarkable dietary response

Lactose intollerant

Negative blood test at nine months.Gluten free at the time for 4 weeks

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I wouldn't be overly concerned about which side of the family she got it from. For one thing she most likely has people on both sides that carry the genes, there are now 9 known to cause some variety or another of gluten intolerance. By the way the person who has the rashes and had a negative blood test should try the diet anyway. Up to 30% of us show negative in blood screening. Everyone on both sides should be blood screened at the very least and those having any symptoms should try the diet regardless of the test results.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter