Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know if Lybrel has gluten in it? My doctor started me on it yesterday and I have been up all night with major stomach pain...that is the only thing I can think. someone let me know if this is the cause of my suffering! I have looked online and can't seem to find the info I need. I called the pharmacy and all they said is it would say wheat or something in the ingredient lists, but can't gluten be hidden in some of these other ingredients?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The inactive ingredients are what to worry about: below is cut and paste from Wyeth info contained in the product's packaging. Nothing looks to me like gluten-containing.

If you are lactose intolerant, there IS lactose. You can google each one of the named chemicals and usually get an idea of the source from the first few hits. But, the below ingredients are a list that, if it were ME, I would most likely not be concerned about.

Note also that the side effects of this NEW drug do have stomach things - like nausea gas and bloating.

************ cut and paste below****************8

Twenty-eight (28) yellow tablets each containing 90 mcg of levonorgestrel (17α)-(

Franceen

Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success

Gluten-free since Dec 2005

Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months

No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter