Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenlove

Tokyo Trip

Hi, Sorry I could nto find the message you sent but hope you can get this one.

when do you leave? where in tokyo will you stay? Have you been here before and if so can you get by in japanese? All these things will help. scrolling though all the mesasges will too but to start --

yes bring the dining cards with you it will help in some places but in others they will still look at you like your crazy.

yesterday i went though a bunch of health food stores took pictures of all the gluten-free soy sauces, flours, cookies and other things I was surprised to find.

going to be a while until I can upload them all. after that I drove to nagoya at 5am -- after midnight and im still at it.

i would bring one bottle with you of wheat free shoyu. I often bring more and leave them for friends here.

if you stay at a place you can cook, i can tell youwhere to go.

anyway the store in yokohama is called Natural something -- also have a picture of the sign and my notes which I'll upload later. also some other things in Japanese.

The places I usually hand out are on the expensive side but worth it. they do keep my soy sauce there which your welcome to use.

hope this helps

ken

Ken,

What do I need to bring with me, look for for my trip to Tokyo. Do I bring the card explaining our diet? Should I carry wheat free soya sauce? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nancy

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, Sorry I could nto find the message you sent but hope you can get this one.

when do you leave? where in tokyo will you stay? Have you been here before and if so can you get by in japanese? All these things will help. scrolling though all the mesasges will too but to start --

yes bring the dining cards with you it will help in some places but in others they will still look at you like your crazy.

yesterday i went though a bunch of health food stores took pictures of all the gluten-free soy sauces, flours, cookies and other things I was surprised to find.

going to be a while until I can upload them all. after that I drove to nagoya at 5am -- after midnight and im still at it.

i would bring one bottle with you of wheat free shoyu. I often bring more and leave them for friends here.

if you stay at a place you can cook, i can tell youwhere to go.

anyway the store in yokohama is called Natural something -- also have a picture of the sign and my notes which I'll upload later. also some other things in Japanese.

The places I usually hand out are on the expensive side but worth it. they do keep my soy sauce there which your welcome to use.

hope this helps

ken

Ken,

What do I need to bring with me, look for for my trip to Tokyo. Do I bring the card explaining our diet? Should I carry wheat free soya sauce? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nancy

Join eNewsletter

I dotn have the info with me but i'm sure someone might be able to help. I do have a not I did up which lists things we cant have.

oh just found it at

http://www.celiactravel.com/gluten-free-ca...2-japanese.html

here is the other thing I wrote.

good luck

ken

? ? ? ? ? ?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????

?? ????

???????? ??????

????? ????????

????????? ???????

????? ?????????? ????????????

?????? ????

????? ?????

???????????? ??????

??????????? ?????

???? ????

??? ???

???? ??

????????? ??????????????

?????

??????

???

??????

????

????

??????

Ken,

Thank you. I cannot locate the cards anywhere. Can you help?

My e-mail is farrbody@comcast.net

Thanks.

Japanese proverb

Join eNewsletter

you may not be able to see it without japanese installed -- dpending on the computer your using.

-

ken

Ken,

Thank you. I cannot locate the cards anywhere. Can you help?

My e-mail is farrbody@comcast.net

Thanks.

Japanese proverb

Join eNewsletter

http://www.triumphdining.com/diningcards.aspx

You can also order Japanese language dining cards from the above company. If you do use the cards from the site that Ken posted, try to use the high resolution version. My husband(Japanese) said that he has difficulty reading the card version.

Here is is a link with information on board member's travels in Japan, including information that Ken posted in Japanese.

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=40917

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter