Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got my results back from biohealth (GI pathogen panel) and i Have an H. Pylori infection and also an abundant amount of E. Coli...............what is the best way to treat this? I also had my adrenals tested and they are out of whack (high in the morning and night, but normal during the day.) Any advice from the veterans?

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

For a bacterial overgrowth, generally antibiotics are given by a "western" Dr. There are more alternative ways to treat those kinds of things, but I don't really know about them. Others will come along and give you their advice, I'm sure.

About the adrenals, again, I don't really know. I am being tested for that right now, so I have no experience with that.

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

Join eNewsletter

How are you feeling? If you are feeling ill the usual course would be to treat with antibiotics. If you are not feeling ill and these are simply findings then things could be a bit different. Ecoli is something that is normally found in the GI tract. That is why ecoli infections are generally linked to poor hygeine by food handlers or contamination in the field. If the level is out of balance but not enough to make you feel extremely ill, may be able to take care of balancing the gut with probiotics or stuff like yogurt or sauerkraut.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

How are you feeling? If you are feeling ill the usual course would be to treat with antibiotics. If you are not feeling ill and these are simply findings then things could be a bit different. Ecoli is something that is normally found in the GI tract. That is why ecoli infections are generally linked to poor hygeine by food handlers or contamination in the field. If the level is out of balance but not enough to make you feel extremely ill, may be able to take care of balancing the gut with probiotics or stuff like yogurt or sauerkraut.

The E. Coli isnt bothering me, but I think the H. Pylori is. I have been having some abdominal tenderness and may have an ulcer because i get a dull pain when i dont eat and sometimes a sharp pain. I think it has made my GERD worse also. My Naturopath says we dont need to treat it with abx, but Biohealth recommends using a prevpak rx. I dont know..........i hate questioning my ND because she has been really good and helpful and i feel better than i used to, although i am spending quite a bit on supplements.

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Join eNewsletter

The E. Coli isnt bothering me, but I think the H. Pylori is. I have been having some abdominal tenderness and may have an ulcer because i get a dull pain when i dont eat and sometimes a sharp pain. I think it has made my GERD worse also. My Naturopath says we dont need to treat it with abx, but Biohealth recommends using a prevpak rx. I dont know..........i hate questioning my ND because she has been really good and helpful and i feel better than i used to, although i am spending quite a bit on supplements.

Have you checked all the supplements that your naturopath is giving you for gluten and other items that you are intolerant to? Most naturopaths are very good and they can be very helpful but some of them are not aware that even small amounts of items that we are intolerant to can damage us.

The one that I went to was very helpful, but I did find the two of the five supplements that she prescribed contain trace amounts of casein or soy. I did have to call the manufacturer to get this information, and once I deleted the supplements that contain trace amounts I felt much better. If you added in all the supplements at once you may want to stop the supplements for a short time, and then add them in one at a time to see if any of them are causing the pain. You may also want to try taking some Pepto-Bismol. When the pain occurs and see if that helps. The name brand is for sure gluten-free. I hope you feel better soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it had been documented that H. Pylori is the cause of stomach and duodenal ulcers, and does not go away without antibiotics. The only thing that will happen if you don't treat it is the ulcers will continue to get worse and flare up, and you will spend the rest of your life on antacids. :(

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter