Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest tamedandfoxed

Breakfast Ideas?

Guest tamedandfoxed

CANDIDA DIET--SORRY!

I have eggs practically every morning. today i'm having leftover spag. squash and pesto i made, which is good. but on days that i work i need something fast with protein. ANY suggestions of what to have?

I am VERY MUCH craving the buckwheat waffles i have in the freezer--i didn't make them, they're boxed but wildberry and OH SO GOOD!

but i need to stick with this thing cuz i don't think i'm getting better yet.. Im' trying to get in to see a naturopath but they wont call me back. which doesn't bode well. :(

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

A fruit Salad always works for me

Ian's French Toast sticks

GFP pantry pancakes (made from a mix)

I like omlets too, since I am not a plain eggs fan.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Whole Foods 365 brown and serve sausages

Welshire farms sausage patties(maple, original and sage flavors)

Hormel Naturals ham

Country Hash Brown Potatoes- boil potatoes until tender but still a little firm, cube, chop onion and green and red peppers and ham, heat some oil in a skillet on medium, add potatoes, salt and pepper, when potatoes have browned on one side, add veg and ham. Make the night before and warm up in the microwave in the am. Will be ok for 2 days in a row.

If you can tolerate dairy:

yougurt

Pamela's pancake mix-make and freeze and warm up in the microwave

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Guest tamedandfoxed
A fruit Salad always works for me

Ian's French Toast sticks

GFP pantry pancakes (made from a mix)

I like omlets too, since I am not a plain eggs fan.

oh yes all of those sound fabulous but i'm on the candida diet! i guess i didn't say that, ooops! but yes, god, fruit sounds amazing. I should do omlettes. they've always creeped me out for some reason..

Join eNewsletter

I don't know anything about the candida diet, so not sure if this qualifies, but I bake them the night before and pop into the microwave in the morning. It has protein, fiber and fruit:

Baked oatmeal

Cooking spray

1 c gluten-free oats

1/2 c dried fruit pieces--can use fresh, diced small

2 c skim milk

2 lg eggs (or 4 whites)

1/4 c sugar (I use sugar free syrup)--or omit completely, which I've done

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/8 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350

Lightly spray 2 oven safe cereal sized bowls, set aside

Stir together oats and fruit, divide among the bowls

Place cups in a shallow baking dish (for ease of moving)

In a bowl, whisk milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until sugar is dissolved

Pour evenly over the oats

Bake 30-40 minutes, until centers are set, serve warm drizzle with syrup

350 calories per bowl

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

I'm mostly plant based eating, anti fungal/candida, and no gluten.

granny smith apple cored and sectioned

cashew butter on the sections

Fast and easy and also filling.

Gluten free oat meal with spices and blueberries on days when I'm sick of the above.

ML

Join eNewsletter

Can you give a quick overview of the Candida diet for those of us who aren't familiar with it?

While people do rationalize all sorts of exceptions, the STRICT anti-candida diet is:

Zero sugar, sweeteners, fruit, yeast, vinegar or anything else fermented.

I was told that even carrots are too sweet & will therefore feed the candida.

Minimal animal fat leaves only boneless skinless chicken breast or fish. (Fats in fish are ok)

There isn't much agreement betw different published diets regarding many other foods like potatoes, white rice etc . .. Very long list.

It makes EVERY meal very limited, tho breakfasty-type options seem particulary sparse.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Join eNewsletter

Guest tamedandfoxed
I don't know anything about the candida diet, so not sure if this qualifies, but I bake them the night before and pop into the microwave in the morning. It has protein, fiber and fruit:

Baked oatmeal

Cooking spray

1 c gluten-free oats

1/2 c dried fruit pieces--can use fresh, diced small

2 c skim milk

2 lg eggs (or 4 whites)

1/4 c sugar (I use sugar free syrup)--or omit completely, which I've done

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/8 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350

Lightly spray 2 oven safe cereal sized bowls, set aside

Stir together oats and fruit, divide among the bowls

Place cups in a shallow baking dish (for ease of moving)

In a bowl, whisk milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until sugar is dissolved

Pour evenly over the oats

Bake 30-40 minutes, until centers are set, serve warm drizzle with syrup

350 calories per bowl

candida diet is no starches or sugars, including fruits--- thewholeapproach.com has a foods list---but DAMN those sound hella good for when the time comes! i'm saving that recipe! thanks!

Join eNewsletter

I'm mostly plant based eating, anti fungal/candida, and no gluten.

granny smith apple cored and sectioned

cashew butter on the sections

Fast and easy and also filling.

Gluten free oat meal with spices and blueberries on days when I'm sick of the above.

ML

I understand completely what others are saying. There are many versions out there!

Each person is a bit different and has to see what their bodies can tolerate. I have found that using whole grain oats and whole grain brown rice are tolerated if one eats a plant based diet. There is so much fiber in the whole grains that they do not feed the fungus/candida. Having low natural sugar fruits like berries of any kind, grapefruit, and tomatoes have so much fiber with them that the fungus does not feed on them. I did find that early in my walk I could not tolerate many carrots as stated above and also even granny smith apples were difficult. I also do beans but they are well cooked so that the oligosaccharides are gone and they do not feed the fungus.

One must test and see what they can tolerate and how their body progresses. What I do is mainly phase I/II of the Know the Cause lifestyle but a vegetarian lifestyle.

Good luck...

Join eNewsletter

I enjoy a cooked breakfast with sausage (gluten-free), eggs (if tolerated), tomatoes, maybe a little bacon.

Another idea is mackerel on thin rice cakes. I mix it with a little mayo. You can do the same with salmon, tuna, shrimp and sardines. Rice cakes are good bases for different things - ham, eggs, cheese, fish, whatever takes your fancy.

Pate on rice cakes or oatcakes. If you can find gluten-free, fine. If not, it is easy to make with either pork or chicken or even chicken livers if you can find them. Be careful of Pigs liver as it may contain things like anti-biotics. There was a time when Liver was very good for you, but I avoid it like the plague - except maybe a little lambs liver occasionally.

Soup or stew can be quite good for breakfast - make a big pan of it and just have a dip when you are hungry.

Crudites (sliced vegetables) and guacamole or Hoummous. Even a salad with some ham, chicken, fish, cottage or curd cheese if you can tolerate it. We tend not to think of salad for breakfast, but that is because we are programmed to eat cereal, whether it is good for us or not!

I do occasionally have a little fruit, usually blueberries in the 24 hour yogurt that I make, with a little dribble of honey. The yogurt is packed full of probiotics which is a great help.

Ali - 50 - struggled with what I now know to be GI symptoms and poor carb digestion for at least 35 years! Diabetic type II (1997). Mother undx Celiac - lifelong diabetic Type 1 & anemic (plus 1 stillborn and 10 miscarriages after me). Father definitely very GI.

Stopped gluten & dairy, Jan 08, but still other issues so dropped most carbs and sugar and have been following the Specific Carb Diet (SCD) since March 08. Recovery slow but steady and I can now eat a much broader range of foods especially raw which are good for my digestion and boost my energy level.

Not getting better? Try the SCD - it might just change your life.........

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter