Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JennyC

Fabulous gluten-free Cake Recipe

After nearly a year I've found "my" cake recipe! It's an easy recipe, and it tastes great. Best of all, it rises and does not fall as it cools!!! :D It also has a great texture. I thought I was stuck with dense flat top cakes forever. :P

http://www.recipezaar.com/209764

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've been using this recipe for the past several months, and I love it too!!! I've served it at several parties, and no one can believe it's gluten-free. It also makes excellent cupcakes!

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

Wow, thanks for posting that link!! I have about given up on cakes. They either flop or she doesn't like them. This is a lot like the old wacky cake that I used to make before Carleigh went gluten-free. I will try this one!!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Join eNewsletter

I forgot to add that for the gluten free flour I used 1 cup of featherlight mix and 1/2 cup of sorghum. I'll also experiment and try to use this as a white cake as well.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter