Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

debmidge

Gf Hair Care Products

Need brand name suggestions for shampoo, conditioner (not shampoo w/conditioner), spray on conditioner (for when hair is drying and needs to be detangled) ....thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

;) yup--pantene is all i use too--it's great and one of the few products that does a good job on all of my hair :rolleyes: deb

I've been using Nature's Gate Herbal Hair Shampoo. I've used Pantene also and had no problems. I also have a frangrance free hypo-allergenic shampoo by AURA. AURA also has a leave-in conditioner that is gluten-free and an alcohol-free (and gluten-free) styling gel.

I've also heard the Fructis is gluten-free. I have some in the linen closet, but haven't tried it yet!

-donna

edit to add: I believe Toms of Maine Natural Normalizing Shampoo and Original Natural shampoo are gluten-free. Also, Denorex: Advanced Formula, Extra Strength Medicated, and Extra Strength Medicated w/Conditioner, Medicated Shampoo and Conditioner (seperate), and Medicated Mountain Fresh Scent Shampoo.

I know of Neutrogena that claims to be gluten-free, but they say there is a possibility of contamination. I've tried them, and they do indeed bother me, so I personally won't recommend them.

-d

What will shampoo do to bother celiacs?

I thought it was OK to touch your skin.

Is it just some people that are bothered, or should we all get gluten-free shampoo?

It is up to you what you put on your skin.

Just a lot of people have allergic reactions to it on their skin or just want to be 100% gluten-free.

I know I get rashes and such from products with gluten. Plus, sometimes I get shampoo in my mouth on accident while washing my hair.