Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glutenfreefamily

For Those With Casein And Gluten Intolerances

Well I don't celerate Easter, but I am gluten-free/mostly DF, and I first began to suspect celiac in October, and at that point I went GFDF (completely). My birthday is on Halloween, and I was determined to partake! I had a lot of skittles and starbursts, which your DD might not like. Other good options are: Lollipops, hard candies like jolly ranchers, marshmellow peeps, basically anything w/o chocolate (and gluten of course)

Would she think some tricket type toys and cookies would make a cool Easter basket? That's what mine get. Some kid necklaces, hair clips, bunny, bubbles, the StarFruit, Chocolate dipped strawberries (Enjoylife choc), Frosted cookies with Easter sprinkles...

I just made our Easter chocolates with the Enjoy Life chips. They turned out pretty good! I used molds to make pb cups and truffles, and then used large silicon molds to make large, hollow eggs that I put a little trinket into. Besides that, I'm doing Peeps and Starburst Jellybeans.

I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips and a mold to make some chocolate bunnies, flowers, and eggs. I also picked up some Jolly Rancher jelly beans and marshmallow peeps. I've also got the Dum Dum lollipops in the cabinet. Our Easter bunny is bringing her some new sheets for her bed, lol.

I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips and a mold to make some chocolate bunnies, flowers, and eggs. I also picked up some Jolly Rancher jelly beans and marshmallow peeps. I've also got the Dum Dum lollipops in the cabinet. Our Easter bunny is bringing her some new sheets for her bed, lol.

Wow! You guys are amazing! You candy makers deserve 'majorly cool MOM' awards for going the extra mile! There are also Lifesavers, which are suppose to be gluten free.

I am also GFDF and I enjoy for an occasional treat, mixing a few chocolate chips, a few raisins and a small mixture of pumkin seeds, pecans and almonds. A nice but nutritious treat. If you can't do the tree nuts, I think someone here on the board said that pumpkin seeds are not actually considered nuts and would be fine by themselves.

Happy Easter!

When we were on a CF diet we were pleased to learn that these candies were safe for us:

Junior Mints

Starburst

Skittles

Pez (fun holiday dispensers, too)

Laffy Taffy

It's probably too late for your Easter basket, but just file these in your memory banks for later. :)