Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

and_h

Done Something Stupid Me Thinks

Well still waiting on results dr has had one of tests back but he says the main ones he is waiting for take longer and won't be back for a couple of weeks.

I haven't stayed away from gluten or anything that may be causing me problems since having the tests done figured i would wait and see what happened. So last night i sat thinking hmm i'm hungry and trot off to the kitchen...

Stood and thaught about it and figured would have some cereal so looked in cupboard kids have ate most of it as kids do and i spy i box of shredded wheat on the shelf not the small bitesize ones the big ones and make a decision that i don't know what it is yet causing me problems for definate so why not eat it.

OH MY GOD i wish i hadn't since getting up i have done the bathroom marathon more times than i should in a week have indigestion that you could roast marshmallows on feel terrible.

That will learn me that not staying away from things until results are back doesn't mean deliberately poison yourself.

Just thaught i would share my idiocy since my wife rolled around laughing at me and i must admit it is kind of funny since it was only the other week i was taking the mickey out of a friend for having a milkshake whan he is allergic to milk.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

well theres your first *headbang* moment. :lol:

The fact that you reacted so badly to the shreaded wheat should be enough to show you that you at least have a problem with wheat and probably gluten. Unless you are having further testing (biopsy) then there is no harm in starting a gluten free diet now.

However if there is any chance you are having further tests (you might want to ask your doctor the likely hood of this)you cant go gluten free because it will effect your results.

and you can not stay away in better ways.. like eat things that arent full of wheat/gluten but still contain enough to cause harm so soups and things. Clearly you should stay away from the shredded wheat in future. Good luck

"great works are performed not by strength but by perseverence"

Diagnosed coeliac - aged 14

Asthma

Osteopinia

High blood calcium

Crohn's disease -december 2012 

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter