Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lollipop

Envirokidz Cerial

Not all envirokidz cerial is gluten free. I was eating cheetah chomps for a while because they were with all of the other gluten free cereal, until one day I checked the ingredients, and it has wheat in it. Just goes to show you you should never assume anything is gluten free.

It never said that it was gluten free, but be careful anyways

becca

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yep, gotta read the ingredients on everything. I found Wheat Crackers with the gluten free food last week at WholeFoods. I brought it to customer services atttention. You can not assume it is gluten free if it is with the rest of the gluten free food. The people who stock the grocery shelves don't know enough about a gluten free diet to get it right all the time.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

Join eNewsletter

Not all envirokidz cerial is gluten free. I was eating cheetah chomps for a while because they were with all of the other gluten free cereal, until one day I checked the ingredients, and it has wheat in it. Just goes to show you you should never assume anything is gluten free.

It never said that it was gluten free, but be careful anyways

becca

Your so right!

I grabbed a bunch of granola bars out of the gluten free section of the health food store and didn't realize one had oats until I took my 2nd bite and felt it just didn't seem right. Sure enough the package said "Oats". It's a mistake I only made once.

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

Join eNewsletter

I promise I'm not being a jerk when I say this but... that's why you read the labels BEFORE you eat the product.

I fully admit to having made this mistake myself, which is why I'm reiterating the point.

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter