This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Has Anyone Else Tried Humaworm?

Nancym

tom Contributor

Day 6 here, and have felt fine the last few days.

We've heard ~ a week for the visible, and I think I'll be disappointed if I don't see something that grosses me out over the next 3 or 4 days. :lol:

Who knows? Maybe it takes 2wks or more for some ppl.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast
Day 6 here, and have felt fine the last few days.

We've heard ~ a week for the visible, and I think I'll be disappointed if I don't see something that grosses me out over the next 3 or 4 days. :lol:

Who knows? Maybe it takes 2wks or more for some ppl.

Just keep in mind, you may not see anything. But I don't think that means it isn't doing any good, a lot of these pathogens are on a microscopic level.

Someone mentioned about heartburn increasing after starting the Humaworm. I developed really bad heartburn, the intense esophogus spasm kind, over the last couple of years. Recently, I started to take activated charcoal as a toxic binder and this has totally disappeared, no heartburn to speak of whatsoever. Even my big trigger foods like tomato products or spicy things no longer bother me.

I've been thinking about why that would be. If the heartburn is yeast and fungal die off related, I think the charcoal is probably binding with those toxins and clearing them out so that they don't back up in the digestive tract irritating the tissues.

I am not sure if anyone on the forum that takes charcoal was also taking Humaworm at the same time. The only thing you would have to be careful of is the charcoal binding with the Humaworm, so you would have to take it at least 2 hours away from it, but it might be helpful for heartburn symptoms.

truthsearcher Rookie

Our whole family did a 30 day round of HM.

The cats absolutly hated the stuff. They would hide so I couldn't get to them with the pet syringe full of HM. I ended up not finishing d/t the traumatic experience for the cat's sake. Dogs may be totally different, they eat anything. My cat's are very particular.

My two eldest dc age 6 and 8 finished the 30 days. No complaints, we didn't dig but their bm's were nice and soft not as constipated.

My youngest gagged on the stuff and only did 1 week with her.

My husband and I both did the 30 days. My dh felt a little fluy for a couple days and his tummy got hot almost everytime he took it, but it wasn't bothering him too much. He said he felt a bit more energy by the end of the second week and the energy continued well past the completion of the cleanse. He said he didn't dig.

I felt fluy as well. Nauseous and h/a the first couple days. Then felt fine on it. It didn't bother my stomach a bit. I burped it up a couple of times but that's about it. I noticed a 4 inch clear slimy thing around day 16 and very odd bm's. Clusters of jelly looking stuff of which I've read may be roundworms. My energy increased and like my dh it continued well past my completion of HM.

I had mine without psyllium and plan on doing another round in June only without the psyllium and sascara sagrada and Gonna go for the EXTRA STRENGTH this time ;)

oh and I had the case of the itchies all over my body and scalp on and off, sometimes it was quite unbearable but subsided as treatment went on... I think this was a good thing.

lonewolf Collaborator

Mine just came in the mail this afternoon. My kids aren't thrilled about the idea, but it seems pointless for one person to do it without everyone doing it, right? I'm sure my 10 year old has some sort of parasite(s), since he recently told me that he thinks he has worms again. (He came to us from a Russian orphanage and was very well-acquainted with parasites.) My husband is having some issues too that I think might be related.

I'm trying to figure out if we should all start tonight or wait until next Friday night when we have one more weekend day to get used to it. Any suggestions? I know that some of you felt kind of sick right at first and some didn't. Maybe we should just go for it and start tonight.

JulesH Rookie

I've taken a few days off because I realized I started at a horrible time. I'm in the middle of a move and my dad is getting married and several other things. I'll start again on Monday after things have calmed down. Hopefully I haven't screwed everything up!

casnco Enthusiast
This is true. :ph34r: It worked great for me.

I no longer have any food intolerances at all. Part of it is because of Humaworm, part is because of Bartonella treatment (coinfection of Lyme Disease).

I waited 90 days and did a second round. I am almost finished with the second round.

Carla, now that you have done this twice. Have you tested your sensitivity to gluten? A lot of the symptoms of parasite infestation are the same as my celiac symptoms. Has deworming been helpful with your celiac?

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, now that you have done this twice. Have you tested your sensitivity to gluten? A lot of the symptoms of parasite infestation are the same as my celiac symptoms. Has deworming been helpful with your celiac?

I actually did not have celiac disease. I was gluten intolerant. I have, however, been back on gluten now since last August and am doing fine. :)

It's not because of the Humaworm though that my gluten intolerance went away, the Lyme Disease seems to be the culprit causing the gluten intolerance. I have very severe GI symptoms from the Lyme, which go away with treatment. That's why Lyme can sometimes "look" like celiac. Lyme is referred to as the new "great imitator" because of it's ability to mimic other diseases.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

casnco Enthusiast
I actually did not have celiac disease. I was gluten intolerant. I have, however, been back on gluten now since last August and am doing fine. :)

It's not because of the Humaworm though that my gluten intolerance went away, the Lyme Disease seems to be the culprit causing the gluten intolerance. I have very severe GI symptoms from the Lyme, which go away with treatment. That's why Lyme can sometimes "look" like celiac. Lyme is referred to as the new "great imitator" because of it's ability to mimic other diseases.

Wow, good for you! Thanks for your responce. I still think I will try the Humaworm. It doesn't look like it could hurt. Worst case senerio I may feel better. ;)

tom Contributor

Little Update - day8 & nothing interesting to report, tho I seem to feel a little off a lot of the time.

Wondering whether anyone else having appetite trouble. I even ended up skipping dinner a couple times.

It seems fine in the daytime, but at night I just feel like I have to force myself to eat.

That used to be common for me, but then it was largely due to nausea, while this week I just don't feel hungry at night.

lonewolf Collaborator

I started mine on Saturday night. Nothing interesting to report. I don't think it's taken my appetite away, but I'm trying to lose weight, so I'm trying hard to not be hungry anyway.

This has been really hard on my stomach when I take them as directed. I can't go more than 15 minutes without eating because I'm truly afraid I'll throw up. As soon as I eat even a few bites of something it stops. Do you think it's really horrible to not wait for 30 minutes to eat? It's easier in the evening to take them 2 hours after dinner - no nausea at all then.

truthsearcher Rookie

Lonewolf and Tom

I was nauseous in the beginning then it went away in about a week. I remember feeling raveously hungry after that.

Imo I don't think eating within that 30 min would be bad if you are gonna get sick, but the idea is the paresites get a good dose of killer herbs before you eat so the worms arn't eating your good food.

hth

tom Contributor

Weird how very different it is for each of us.

I was only a bit nauseous on the 1st day .. ..maybe also 2nd or 3rd.

Not sure what to make of the current non-nausea lack of appetite, but I hope it doesn't last all 30 days.

Lonewolf, I'd blow off the 30min rule too if the alternative were probable vomiting.

The herbs sure won't do any good if they don't stay down!

Makes me wonder whether just one ingred is the cause. Hmmmmmmmmm

JulesH Rookie

Well, my week on it seems to have had some sort of effect, so I will definitely be finishing this.

WARNING: ABOUT TO SHARE WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

I don't know if there are actually worms in my BMs, but they look weird, and like there's something there that should not be. They are also a much better consistency than they usually are. I usually have very hard or very loose, nothing in between. But now they seem to be soft and solid.

lonewolf Collaborator

This is my 9th day and nothing so far. I guess that's good in a way - obviously I didn't have anything large lurking in there. But at the same time I'm wondering if it's doing any good. I wish it had killed my appetite, but I'm feeling hungrier than usual - not good when I'm trying to lose weight!

Sharon Marie Apprentice

:o I'm halfway through my humaworm treatment and haven't noticed any signs or changes. I check this topic daily to see what the rest of you are experiencing.

When I am done with this treatment I think I will stop all herbal supplements just to see if my poo has become somewhat normal in consistency and color.

So hows it going everyone???

SharonMarie :rolleyes:

Nancym Enthusiast

I'm done with my treatment now and my gut seems to have settled down a lot. Although it seems like every time I get to this point something happens and I'm back to square one. So... major knock on wood.

confused Community Regular

I just ordered my stuff last week, i cant wait to get it and start it. The whole family is going to do it. Did anyone else have their kids try it?

paula

Sharon Marie Apprentice

This ravenous craving to eat constantly seems to be a common element. Will it improve when I am done with the treatment I wonder?

Please keep up posted paula

Nancym Enthusiast
This ravenous craving to eat constantly seems to be a common element. Will it improve when I am done with the treatment I wonder?

Please keep up posted paula

I didn't have that happen. Just heart burn. :)

tom Contributor
When I am done with this treatment I think I will stop all herbal supplements just to see if my poo has become somewhat normal in consistency and color.

So hows it going everyone???

For the most part, my BMs are more consistently normal than before, tho lighter-colored. (More acidic, right?)

Ravenous craving - I WISH!!

Still very little appetite for me.

My only heartburn was on 1st evening. Since then, I've made sure to drink more water at evening dose & usually take at least a short walk also.

And maybe I should've waited until the Humaworm was over, but I quit smoking yesterday .. . ..I think .. .. .it's been 20yrs since I last was a non-smoker for 1.5yrs.

I guess I'm not positive this'll stick, but it's going pretty well.

Sometimes the way my head & neck feel makes me wonder if it'd be better to quit after humaworm - just for ease in assigning cause. (Then again, what's it matter which is to blame as long as it goes away)

Sharon Marie Apprentice

:D Congratulations to you Tom on the smart decision to stop smoking! Stick with it! Your body will thank you!

And you have gotten this far with the Humaworm, you may as well stick it out for the duration. :) Just in case there are any stubborn little parasites still lingering.

SharonMarie

confused Community Regular

How long does it take to get it after you order it. I know they said it takes time to make the pills, but im getting impatient. I ordered on the 10th and i have not got an email saying they have shipped it yet.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sharon Marie, I ate a lot less after parasite treatment. It dramatically changed how much food I eat in a day so that I never even knew how much to serve myself. I also gained 10 pounds (that I needed).

Paula, seems like it took a few days to get that email the second time for me .... I got it almost right away the first time. Now that their product is all over two message boards, they might be getting more orders for it, LOL.

Sharon Marie Apprentice
Sharon Marie, I ate a lot less after parasite treatment. It dramatically changed how much food I eat in a day so that I never even knew how much to serve myself. I also gained 10 pounds (that I needed).

Paula, seems like it took a few days to get that email the second time for me .... I got it almost right away the first time. Now that their product is all over two message boards, they might be getting more orders for it, LOL.

It helps to know it might get better! I have gained 15 lbs! But I was too skinny in my arms and legs but huge in my tummy! So I don't know if I should want to loose weight or not!

All a part of my total confusion! :( Too bad we can't pick and choose where this weight gain goes.

tom Contributor
How long does it take to get it after you order it.

Mine felt WAY long at 15 or 16 days .. . ..expected ~ a week.

Archived