Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank everyone for your quick response. What is enterlab testing and what specific blood tests could be done to detect this if Dr. sends her to regular lab for blood tests?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thank everyone for your quick response. What is enterlab testing and what specific blood tests could be done to detect this if Dr. sends her to regular lab for blood tests?

Hi, Enterolab is a specialty lab that helps to diagnose food intolerances. It is not done through blood. For genetic testing they take a swab from in the mouth. For gluten, milk, soy, etc intolerance they take a stool test. It is done through the mail as Enterolab works as an on-line service. Some doctors seem to accept its results but many do not. The doctor who runs it is Dr. Fine and his work hasn't been published yet so most doctors still believe in the standard celiac panel blood work and the endoscopy with biopsy. There are many people here that swear by Enterolab. My son happened to be diagnosed through blood and biopsy but many children get false negatives and it is said that Enterolab is more accurate. I am sure more people will answer who have used them.

Nicole

Join eNewsletter

Hi, Enterolab is a specialty lab that helps to diagnose food intolerances. It is not done through blood. For genetic testing they take a swab from in the mouth. For gluten, milk, soy, etc intolerances they take a stool test. It is done through the mail as Enterolab works as an on-line service. Some doctors seem to accept its results but many do not. The doctor who runs it is Dr. Fine and his work hasn't been published yet so most doctors still believe in the standard celiac panel blood work and the endoscopy with biopsy. There are many people here that swear by Enterolab. My son happened to be diagnosed through blood and biopsy but many children get false negatives and it is said that Enterolab is more accurate. I am sure more people will answer who have used them.

Nicole

Join eNewsletter

It is Enterolab, and will diagnose gluten intolerance (if you have it) even if blood work is negative. And the best part is, that you don't have to be eating gluten when using it. It is still accurate up to a year after eliminating gluten from your diet.

I used it for my youngest daughter, and after a positive result, she finally agreed to eliminate gluten. She is a stubborn teenager and wouldn't try the gluten-free diet without proof that she needed to be on it. And her blood work was negative (probably not enough damage yet to be positive).

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Enterolab is getting my economic stimulus tax rebate this year. Its very convient that the tax checks we will be getting are just right for their gene and stool test. :D

I'm interested in how their gene test will match up with the one I've already had. Kind of a fun experiment.

I don't eat gluten and neither do my cats

Join eNewsletter

Enterolab can also detect gluten intolerance much sooner than blood tests and scopes. Reactions to gluten happen first in the intestines which can be detected in stool. It takes a long time for your body to create enough antibodies for them to start leaking out into the blood and for their to be enough intestinal damage to show on a scope.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter