Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonD2

Dairy/gluten Free In New Orleans

i have a business conference in New orleans for a few days...is there any way i can find food that is gluten and dairy free there? anyone know of any good restaraunts for this?

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

i have a business conference in New orleans for a few days...is there any way i can find food that is gluten and dairy free there? anyone know of any good restaraunts for this?

I was in New Orleans about a year ago trying to do gluten/dairy free. Gluten free is doable, but dairy free is damn difficult. I went to fairly pricey places so I could special order without difficulty, and they still insisted that all the rice or potatoes that they had was pre-buttered, so most nights I ended up with meat and veggies, no starch. I was pretty ticked at consistently paying $40 for dinner with no starch, but it seemed to be the same no matter where I went. (This was in the French quarter.)

Sorry not to have better experiences to report!

Jeanne

Join eNewsletter

I was in NO a couple of weekends ago. I'm not dairy free....so I'm not sure on that front. I went to a really nice restaurant in the French Quarter called Bayona (it's a Susan Spicer restaurant). It was pricey, but amazing. The chef was really accommodating and I had a great meal. It didn't seem like any food allergies (I would assume this would include dairy) were a problem. they say right on their menu to let them know of all allergies and dietary needs. I would definitely recommend it. Good luck

Rachel

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter