Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glutenator

Down And Out In Alabama

I just have to vent so forgive me for a minute..... I have been gluten-free now since October 2007. For the most part I have handled it well. For some reason, lately, I have been bummed about the whole thing. Sometime I get exposed to gluten and I don't know how but I pay for it dearly. I hate feeling high maintenance when it comes to eating and I would really love a slice of normal freaking pizza.

On the bright side...I was impressed this past week in Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Their chefs were very knowledgeable about gluten allergies and they all came out and spoke with me and took my order personally.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have not been to either of Disney World or Disneyland since adopting the gluten-free lifestyle, but I have heard that both are very accommodating.

It may take a while for you to get over the desire for foods that contain gluten. If you keep trying them, and keep reacting, you will realize that it is just not worth it. It will also take some time for you to develop the habit of always checking for hidden gluten.

It is worth the effort. I was diagnosed in July of 2000. It took me a few months to adjust, but the last seven years have been the healthiest of my life, and I'm 53.

You can do it, and you will be better for it.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter