Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fullofquestions

New To This-bread

Hi,

I have a toddler who was diagnosed with Autism and it has been recommended that he start a gluten free/casein free diet. I am slowly starting the diet with him, but I am having a problem finding a bread replacement. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good mix or pre-made bread...one that looks and feels as close to white bread?

Thanks!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Angeline's bakery has the best gluten-free bread I've tasted, but if you don't live in the Portland OR area, shipping is pretty expensive. But here's the website:

www.angelinesbakery.com

Otherwise, we make the Pamela's amazing wheat free bread from a mix. If you like it, you can buy it in bulk from a.m.a.z.o.n. Those are the best breads we've found.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

Angeline's bakery has the best gluten-free bread I've tasted, but if you don't live in the Portland OR area, shipping is pretty expensive. But here's the website:

www.angelinesbakery.com

looks great but my boys are allergic to eggs... which is in all their products

Otherwise, we make the Pamela's amazing wheat free bread from a mix. If you like it, you can buy it in bulk from a.m.a.z.o.n. Those are the best breads we've found.

pamela's mix is very good. they have that at fred meyers or heath food store. if you're going to bake from scratch there is a very good bread recipie with flax.

Whole family is allergic to Gluten, eggs, dairy, most are allergic to garlic. Few other various allergies.

Did you know it's best to wait until 21 months to give a baby wheat??

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter